2019 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
Didn’t know he was a candidate. Would he want to go pro? It’s so hard to compete for national championships at the college level. Seems like he’s at the age where he might want to try a 10 yr run in the pros?

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Didn’t know he was a candidate. Would he want to go pro? It’s so hard to compete for national championships at the college level. Seems like he’s at the age where he might want to try a 10 yr run in the pros?
I think he's their top guy but they're waiting to announce for some reason. I think they created a tricky contract situation with their interim coach that they're trying to navigate or there's something about the draft... I don't know.

I keep expecting him to take over for Pop in San Antonio when he finally retires, but the guy won't quit. Self and RC Buford, the Spurs GM, were roommates at OSU.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
I think he's their top guy but they're waiting to announce for some reason. I think they created a tricky contract situation with their interim coach that they're trying to navigate or there's something about the draft... I don't know.

I keep expecting him to take over for Pop in San Antonio when he finally retires, but the guy won't quit. Self and RC Buford, the Spurs GM, were roommates at OSU.
I would be shocked if Chicago went with Self. The failed Fred Hoiberg experiment is still fresh and I think Chicago doesn’t want to risk another college coach.

Aug 16, 2012
Honestly, I take some of these high-profile players NOT coming here as a good sign. Every kid, in particular top-tier kids, wants to go somewhere to shine and that includes their own personal evaluation of the talent at a particular school. By going elsewhere, especially sometimes to schools you just say, "WHAT????", tells me the kid questions the amount of PT he is going to get based on the talent we now have in the cupboard. Very few schools can have an entire roster of future pro players, so this tells me some of the p

But, but, I thought Becky Hammon was the best assistant in the NBA!!!!!

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
But, but, I thought Becky Hammon was the best assistant in the NBA!!!!!
That's why I think Pop is holding out. He knows the deal with Buford and Self and he is waiting either for Self to take a different job or for Buford and the Spurs org to put the screws to it and make Hammon the first female head coach in pro sports.

I have a feeling that Pop will lose the fight.