2019 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
Nigel ever commit?

So are top 3 are TT decommit, UNT grad transfer and Michigan decommit? Would be nice for them to pick a school soon lol

poke

Greenhorn
Oct 29, 2016
Oklahoma
No, he has not committed anywhere. There is also a JUCO SF that visited last week I believe.
Watched some highlights and he is very athletic. For a SF he is a very good shot blocker, hope we can land him. Curtis jones leaving i think helps this team, can add another piece for the future or get a grad transfer to add experience to the lineup. Sounds like MB has several options, and all of them look like good gets.

pennpoke

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2012
York, PA
Watched some highlights and he is very athletic. For a SF he is a very good shot blocker, hope we can land him. Curtis jones leaving i think helps this team, can add another piece for the future or get a grad transfer to add experience to the lineup. Sounds like MB has several options, and all of them look like good gets.
I disagree re CuJo. In the short term this hurts. It’s going to be tough to immediately plug in a replacement that will outweigh his experience and talent.

poke

Greenhorn
Oct 29, 2016
Oklahoma
I disagree re CuJo. In the short term this hurts. It’s going to be tough to immediately plug in a replacement that will outweigh his experience and talent.
Agreed he played well in some games, but he also was inconsistent and out of control sometimes. Losing his experience does hurt but we are still going to have depth that doesn't even compare to last year. By adding a grad transfer, the lost experience won't hurt as bad. And if we get a talented freshman or Juco player that will contribute for more than a year then its good for the team in the long haul. If we were to lose any players to transfer, I'm glad it is Jones. Nothing against him, just thinking for the future.

Dec 21, 2008
Why is there sooooo much talent still transferring and uncommitted? It’s insane and seems like every yr is going to get worse in regards to this late shuffling of elite players

Oct 29, 2016
US
Why is there sooooo much talent still transferring and uncommitted? It’s insane and seems like every yr is going to get worse in regards to this late shuffling of elite players
Transferring is par the course, as this link will elaborate. 40% of all NCAA MBB Div 1 players will transfer to another school..there has been a slight increase in the past decade tho, nothing notable however.

The current rate of transferring is normal, even if it seems abnormally high nowadays.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/tracking-transfer-division-i-men-s-basketball

Last edited: