Men's Basketball 2019 F Jalen Wilson

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Boynton must believe that a couple guys on our current roster like Nguessan will leave after this year. Probably true due to lack of playing time. It seems to happen every year.

Hope we get this guy!!

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2010
Interesting. Who you hearing that from? We have the scholarships for this year to add someone. Issue is, next year if he is a high school kid then we will be 1 over unless someone leaves.
I've heard faint rumblings from friends in Oklahoma if the right opportunity arises. I would admit most is pure speculation. And the current recruitment of Lathom tells me if the right big came available, we would do the same.

Oct 29, 2016
US
Considering the past 13-ish years of mediocre (and worse) seasons, it's astonishing OSU was even in the mix. Accept it or not..OSU is not a powerhouse in basketball, not even close, unfortunately. It is what it is.

The fact OSU was even considered by such a recruit, IMO, is a testament to Boynton's recruiting ability. Hopefully the twin brothers -- I think they're twins -- arrive on campus next season. They're killing it on the AAU circuit, and the blue-blood schools have taken notice with plenty of offers on the way. Great foundation to build upon. I'm excited.
We seem to be missing out on elite recruits! Hopefully coach can turn that around in the future!
Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Considering the past 13-ish years of mediocre (and worse) seasons, it's astonishing OSU was even in the mix. Accept it or not..OSU is not a powerhouse in basketball, not even close, unfortunately. It is what it is.

The fact OSU was even considered by such a recruit, IMO, is a testament to Boynton's recruiting ability. Hopefully the twin brothers -- I think they're twins -- arrive on campus next season. They're killing it on the AAU circuit, and the blue-blood schools have taken notice with plenty of offers on the way. Great foundation to build upon. I'm excited.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
Yes but OSU is a Top 20 program. It's been a while but honestly people forget that even though it's been 2005 since we've been really good... We also have had nearly every team make the NCAA tournament and have good teams. We've had Smart, Markel, Nash, James Anderson, Jawun Evans all go to the NBA recently and that helps tremendously.

We aren't void of talent. That's good. We have tradition and we will get back to more like what we were. Just hired an average coach in Ford who couldn't seem to get a full roster. Just good guards.