Men's Basketball 2019 F Christian Brown

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK

http://www.scout.com/player/203076-christian-brown/news?year=2018

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/189044

Here is also a tidbit from an article with some background and analysis of Brown.

From Phenom Hoop Report SC Top 80: A.C. Flora forward Christian Brown caught our eye in drills, so much that I wrote his number on my hand. As luck would have it we caught him in a matchup that pitted him against Juwan Gary on multiple sequences. This matchup was the key one I wanted to see and the young 2019 studs went at one another in a big way. Brown plays with more energy and that paired with the ability to sky and a shot that is adequate he's got a lot of skills that scream at you. Really enjoyed his effort and ability to draw and take contact. Right now I don't know if I'd try to pin a position on him being so young but I can say he's a definite star if he continues to work on facets of his game during these next four seasons. I would expect him and Gary to be national level talents sooner than later. We'll catch up with Brown for an interview this week to see which schools are showing early interest. – Kenny Fair II, SCPrepNation.com

From Phenom Hoop Report National Recruiting Analyst Jamie Shaw: While he is the youngest player on the team, he is also perhaps the best basketball prospect in the entire state of South Carolina. 6’7” Freshman Christian Brown has special written all over him. He is gifted with easy athleticism put on a long, broad shouldered 6’7” frame. He has the ability to handle in the half court, the confidence to speak up in the huddle, and most impressively the work ethic to improve each time on the court. Brown works his tail off, and is a national level Top 100 type recruit. The sky is the limit for this one.

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news_article/show/564201?referrer_id=1555437

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I'm honestly in shock. I thought this guy was pretty dead-set on NC State. Wow...if we could reel him in...

Marcus Watson has got to be helping with recruiting this guy.

Dec 21, 2008
If everyone stays we will have 2 for next year. There was early speculation after we over signed 1 that McGriff might be a possibility to seek a pro option. He has been worn out this year, banged up and numbers have suffered. With a full roster, he could rest and play to his potential next yr. It is HUGE that Avery and the Boone twins will be in town plus a dozen other prospects when Todd and Brown arrive. Just like with Duke, when those prospects start talking national championship ambitions, good things happen!

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
If everyone stays we will have 2 for next year. There was early speculation after we over signed 1 that McGriff might be a possibility to seek a pro option. He has been worn out this year, banged up and numbers have suffered. With a full roster, he could rest and play to his potential next yr. It is HUGE that Avery and the Boone twins will be in town plus a dozen other prospects when Todd and Brown arrive. Just like with Duke, when those prospects start talking national championship ambitions, good things happen!
Wait wait wait, who all is visiting this weekend? PLEASE TELL ME ISAIAH TODD IS VISITING.

poke

Greenhorn
Oct 29, 2016
Oklahoma
Waiting anxiously to hear more news...
Would love to see this 2019 class be the beginning of a special Oklahoma state basketball era. Imagining the depth that we will have is unreal!!