Football 2019 DT Jayden Jernigan Committed to OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
Exactly why the SEC is elite is because of monster NFl caliber DLmen. Big 12 occasionally has a stud or two DL but with tempo and # of snaps they get fatigued and can’t provide pressure. The first Q or 2 we usually get pressure til we get tired. This depth shows we are trying to adjust to the tempo and keep big bodies in providing vertical pressure. Reason teams throw underneath and spread the field is due to lack of pressure up front. Seems like we are finally starting to identify this and adapt..finally

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Exactly why the SEC is elite is because of monster NFl caliber DLmen. Big 12 occasionally has a stud or two DL but with tempo and # of snaps they get fatigued and can’t provide pressure. The first Q or 2 we usually get pressure til we get tired. This depth shows we are trying to adjust to the tempo and keep big bodies in providing vertical pressure. Reason teams throw underneath and spread the field is due to lack of pressure up front. Seems like we are finally starting to identify this and adapt..finally
Nah, Sec is scoring more now too. They have some better defenders but look at OU vs Georgia score. 51-48. I mean c'mon. Scores are going up nationwide. Just pay attention.

Dec 21, 2008
How many DL from the SEC got drafted vs the Big 12? Bama had more DL drafted than the entire Big 12 I believe. Also I have heard a couple sec coaches say they put their elite athletes on defense. Several star recruits who are 50/50 WR/DB get put on the defensive side so their talent is used on that side of the ball. All I’m saying is that guys like Jernigan and Ross committing are exciting and will make a BIG presence in the next couple of yrs!

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
How many DL from the SEC got drafted vs the Big 12? Bama had more DL drafted than the entire Big 12 I believe. Also I have heard a couple sec coaches say they put their elite athletes on defense. Several star recruits who are 50/50 WR/DB get put on the defensive side so their talent is used on that side of the ball. All I’m saying is that guys like Jernigan and Ross committing are exciting and will make a BIG presence in the next couple of yrs!
I'm with you. It certainly helps, gotta have good players at DT. Agreed!

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Sorry for not posting this sooner; was out sick yesterday. Here's Mark Cooper's writeup...

His commitment comes two days after Xavier Ross, another defensive tackle who visited for the spring game, verbally pledged to OSU.

Jernigan is rated three stars by 247Sports and is ranked 33rd among tackles in the 2019 class.

He had a long list of offers that included Washington, Texas Tech and SMU.

All four defensive linemen in OSU's 2019 class are from the state of Texas.
Link