Men's Basketball 2019 C Armando Bacot

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 29, 2016
US
Would be a big-time recruit, no doubt. What an incredible class it would be, especially with the young man from Tulsa, who is proving he is a top-100 player.

Unfortunately, I've just now visited a few UNC sites, and although it appears we are in his top 5, we are not in his 2-out-of-5. I seriously hope he'll commit, but every indication points toward UNC.

POPOKE

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
Would be a big-time recruit, no doubt. What an incredible class it would be, especially with the young man from Tulsa, who is proving he is a top-100 player.

Unfortunately, I've just now visited a few UNC sites, and although it appears we are in his top 5, we are not in his 2-out-of-5. I seriously hope he'll commit, but every indication points toward UNC.
What would you expect the unc board to say? We're in good shape on this one, be more positive.

Dec 21, 2008
Sometimes kids want to take a challenge and rebuild a brand. Plus OSU is selling the one and done which would be ideal bc then if the twins stay 3-4yrs that would open another scholarship after his one year. UNC might not be selling one and done. Idk their depth but sometimes young kids get stuck behind a 2 or 3 yr starter. Man if we could get him and the Ponca transfer 7fter....yikes!!!!

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
Isn't the NBA on the verge of changing their draft rules to eliminate the age barrier again? If so, and he's that talented, might we see this kid jump straight to the League?

It would be a shame b/c not everyone is ready nor as good as they think they are...or as good as those (who stand to benefit) telling them they are. Case in point Gerald Green

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Even with superstars UNC is not really a one and done place. PUKE yes and KY yes ( I know, not one of his final 5). But usually, UNC kids stay a couple of years. OTOH PUKE has the #1 class coming in this year, so who knows what their roster will look like a year from now?

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Isn't the NBA on the verge of changing their draft rules to eliminate the age barrier again? If so, and he's that talented, might we see this kid jump straight to the League?

It would be a shame b/c not everyone is ready nor as good as they think they are...or as good as those (who stand to benefit) telling them they are. Case in point Gerald Green
Green has bounced around a lot, but he's still in the NBA after 13 years. I doubt he sees his decision as a mistake.