2019 Bedlam Football Thread.. Lets keep this going, idiots.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Technically you guys already got it.

And you hired a new guy and got worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s an easy out for you to say we got worse because you’re a lazy person. In context, we were going to be bad anyway. Too much youth and in experience at safety. That’s the position that killed us all year. We might have been even worse with Spencer.

We showed flashes and o like what I see out of the scheme. Hell.. the same thing could happen with your guy that wasn’t allowed to run things at tOSU. It could definitely be a long term project of a few seasons, maybe two or three if you’re lucky.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
And despite all that... you guys would trade places in a hot minute.

A lot of teams would trade success with ou. Count me in on that. Still, even realizing that, as a fan of the game I can still say that OU’s defense is costing them national championship appearances at the very least. It’s weird you can’t admit that fact. The level headed ou friends I have all think that way.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
So winning the conference and going to a playoff is mediocrity.

Two consecutive Heisman winning quarterbacks... something never done before = mediocrity.

Winning four conference titles and going to three of the last four playoffs = mediocrity.

Going out and plunking down big coin on a new defensive coordinator is mediocrity.

Going out and getting a highly sought after grad transfer QB = mediocrity.

So you guys replaced a shit DC with a guy who actually made your defense worse... and continually make excuses for a mullet wearing coach who takes his shirt off in pep rallies, limps into bowl eligibility, a finished above .500 by the skin of his teeth in his 15th year.

What’s that called?

May I remind you of the happenstance of your former, former DC. Let's go through this for just a few moments, just for old times sake:
1. Venables sucked, he was the reason boob couldn't get back to the title game.
2. Mikey gets his drunk ass canned in Zona
3. Boob hires mikey, makes mikey co-defensive coordinator
4, gooners near and far celebrate, parades celebrate the new defensive god of norman
5. Dabo, realizing that boob now probably has silicone between his ears, calls Venables up and asks him is he really likes being disrespected by the boobs of the world, or does he want to come down to Clemson and kick some ass. Venables says "Hell yes"
6. Mikey takes over as DC, Mikey screws the pooch for the rest of boob's career.
7. Coach Log enters and runs Mikey off.
8. Venables wins his second ring
8. Saban calls Mikey and offers him an analyst position
9. Coach Log boobs it up and hires some dude that is about to get his ass fired at ohio state
10. gooners near and far celebrate, parades are held to celebrate the new defensive god of norman

If the lather, rinse, repeat of the goon coaching cycle occurs then Mikey will be getting a ring at 'bama while the new guy will be suffering through having a suck ass defense
All that bs and they still dominated the big 12. Kind of shows you how bad this league has been. Or how good Riley has been. Some of your points are inaccurate at best and flat out lies at worst.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
All that bs and they still dominated the big 12. Kind of shows you how bad this league has been. Or how good Riley has been. Some of your points are inaccurate at best and flat out lies at worst.
You, the guy that thinks Joe Mixon is a stand up guy, and Baker Mayfield is a high character guy wish to insult me? You spin more lies than Barry Trammel.

Why don't you show me where the history is incorrect? Because it's not.

1. Your school ran off Venables so they could elevate Mikey to d-coordinator.
2. Venables is the d-coordinator that did win the natty this year.
3. The fans of your school celebrated Venables leaving, most of you guys celebrated Mikey's firing.

Why would Grinch want to come to the hellish Big XII when you see the track record of the school with the past two D-Coordinators when he knew Schiano was going to get fired at Ohio State? Wouldn't he be in line to be the new D-Coordinator at Ohio State if his co-coordinator was fired?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
You, the guy that thinks Joe Mixon is a stand up guy, and Baker Mayfield is a high character guy wish to insult me? You spin more lies than Barry Trammel.

Why don't you show me where the history is incorrect? Because it's not.

1. Your school ran off Venables so they could elevate Mikey to d-coordinator.
2. Venables is the d-coordinator that did win the natty this year.
3. The fans of your school celebrated Venables leaving, most of you guys celebrated Mikey's firing.

Why would Grinch want to come to the hellish Big XII when you see the track record of the school with the past two D-Coordinators when he knew Schiano was going to get fired at Ohio State? Wouldn't he be in line to be the new D-Coordinator at Ohio State if his co-coordinator was fired?
I never insulted you, I simply said some of your points were inaccurate and/or flat out lies. If you felt insulted by that, perhaps you should review your history of silly untrue statements, and terrible predictions that never even came close to being true.

Sure. #1 to start. Untrue. Veneables didnt suck.
#4. Nobody crowned anyone defensive god of norman. But had reasonable expectations cuz of his history
#6 also untrue cuz They were #1 in total D in the big 12 in 2013 and 2015. Didnt start really sucking until 2016
#10 no parades, no defensive god have been anointed. But based on his proven track record, we have good reason to be excited about it.

Just because you are a safeties coach doesnt mean you are going to be promoted to DC. You dont know what was going on behind closed doors. Maybe he was Meyer's guy, but now that Meyer is out things have changed. So why would he go to OU? You really want me to answer that? He is a top 10 earning assistant coach now, so the whole being a millionaire thing helps. He gets to coach under RIley at a blue blood, with complete control of the defense. He has a proven track record of turning dogshit defense into something respectable and even pretty damn good and he saw an opportunity to do that again which would mean lucrative head coaching opportunties around the corner.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
And despite all that... you guys would trade places in a hot minute.

A lot of teams would trade success with ou. Count me in on that. Still, even realizing that, as a fan of the game I can still say that OU’s defense is costing them national championship appearances at the very least. It’s weird you can’t admit that fact. The level headed ou friends I have all think that way.
Well no shit it’s been costing OU national titles. Why do you think they fired the coordinator and hired another one? Do I really need to spell that out? I don’t remember denying that. I’m pretty sure I’ve even posted that I was ecstatic getting as far as they’ve gotten with that defense. Because watching the defense has been gut wrenching for a long time.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Well no shit it’s been costing OU national titles. Why do you think they fired the coordinator and hired another one? Do I really need to spell that out? I don’t remember denying that. I’m pretty sure I’ve even posted that I was ecstatic getting as far as they’ve gotten with that defense. Because watching the defense has been gut wrenching for a long time.

Well, anytime we discuss your defense you get really defensive and start changing the subject.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I just think it’s stupid for you guys to fail as miserably as OU and talk shit. Especially since you guys haven’t achieved anywhere near as much as OU did as a team.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I just think it’s stupid for you guys to fail as miserably as OU and talk shit. Especially since you guys haven’t achieved anywhere near as much as OU did as a team.

Interesting. That's an awfully neat double standard you've created as such a big "fan of the game."

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Well it's not a double standard because osu fails much harder than OU does. It is funny that with their level of failure that their fans still talk shit. Maybe that's what he finds stupid.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Well it's not a double standard because osu fails much harder than OU does. It is funny that with their level of failure that their fans still talk shit. Maybe that's what he finds stupid.
It's a double standard because your t shirt fans claim that they're all such fans of the game. This would include our boy, TG. You'd think that any fans of the game, regardless of their team and team's success, could point out deficiencies and.. you know.. talk about the game as fans of it and all. That's the double standard which is a common theme at OU, all the way from top leadership to the average t shirt fan.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
[Looks at header]
Nope. Still stays "Orange Power". Thought I'd wandered onto dirtburglars or some other idiocy but, that's still your job.:derp:

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I never insulted you, I simply said some of your points were inaccurate and/or flat out lies. If you felt insulted by that, perhaps you should review your history of silly untrue statements, and terrible predictions that never even came close to being true.

Sure. #1 to start. Untrue. Veneables didnt suck.
#4. Nobody crowned anyone defensive god of norman. But had reasonable expectations cuz of his history
#6 also untrue cuz They were #1 in total D in the big 12 in 2013 and 2015. Didnt start really sucking until 2016
#10 no parades, no defensive god have been anointed. But based on his proven track record, we have good reason to be excited about it.

Just because you are a safeties coach doesnt mean you are going to be promoted to DC. You dont know what was going on behind closed doors. Maybe he was Meyer's guy, but now that Meyer is out things have changed. So why would he go to OU? You really want me to answer that? He is a top 10 earning assistant coach now, so the whole being a millionaire thing helps. He gets to coach under RIley at a blue blood, with complete control of the defense. He has a proven track record of turning dogshit defense into something respectable and even pretty damn good and he saw an opportunity to do that again which would mean lucrative head coaching opportunties around the corner.
Your brother and sister fans on the sports urinal are my main point of reference along with goon mouthpiece dean blevins. The sentiments that I put up are what has been communicated. As in everything else you will try to put a spin on it, but deep down you know its true.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
It's a double standard because your t shirt fans claim that they're all such fans of the game. This would include our boy, TG. You'd think that any fans of the game, regardless of their team and team's success, could point out deficiencies and.. you know.. talk about the game as fans of it and all. That's the double standard which is a common theme at OU, all the way from top leadership to the average t shirt fan.
I can claim I’m a fan of the game, because I am. I love football. I can be totally enthused watching it in any iteration. I love the philosophy. X’s and O’s. People. Stories. Evolution.

You are completely hung up on wanting someone... ANYONE. To wallow in grief over something to do with Oklahoma football. And despite losing two years in a row in a playoff, I simply cannot and won’t do that. It’s been an amazing ride. And honestly, if the roles were reversed, you wouldn’t either.

Despite having one of the worst performing defenses in the country, they achieved those results. So you know what’s gonna happen when they fix that deficiency? A lot of hardware. On top of the hardware they’re already piling up.

Sorry. Not sorry.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I agree, most good fans of the game would be able to point out deficiencies of their own team. I've seen him do it, so i'm not sure what youre point is here. That other OU fans dont? Some dont, every fan base has 'em.

Can you elaborate on how this applies to leadership? Like, when they are talking, they cant recognize deficiencies in their team? Can you provide examples? Like how Boren and co kept firing coaches until he landed Stoops? Like how Joe C fired bball coaches til he found kruger? Like how Stoops fired his own NC winning qb? Like how Riley fired most of his defensive staff? Would you say those are examples of how they dont recognize their own deficiencies from the top leadership?

[Looks at header]
Nope. Still stays "Orange Power". Thought I'd wandered onto dirtburglars or some other idiocy but, that's still your job.:derp:
My job is to what? Wander onto some other idiocy like dirtburglars? I dont go there

Your brother and sister fans on the sports urinal are my main point of reference along with goon mouthpiece dean blevins. The sentiments that I put up are what has been communicated. As in everything else you will try to put a spin on it, but deep down you know its true.
Well that's your problem, you pay heed to their callers. Only the most mouthbreathing of mouthbreathers call in. You cant judge the masses by the illiterate blathering of the fringe. So my response about them is "So what?" Is that any worse than the rudolph fucker from a few years ago? Fans do stupid stuff.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I agree, most good fans of the game would be able to point out deficiencies of their own team. I've seen him do it, so i'm not sure what youre point is here. That other OU fans dont? Some dont, every fan base has 'em.

Can you elaborate on how this applies to leadership? Like, when they are talking, they cant recognize deficiencies in their team? Can you provide examples? Like how Boren and co kept firing coaches until he landed Stoops? Like how Joe C fired bball coaches til he found kruger? Like how Stoops fired his own NC winning qb? Like how Riley fired most of his defensive staff? Would you say those are examples of how they dont recognize their own deficiencies from the top leadership?

My job is to what? Wander onto some other idiocy like dirtburglars? I dont go there

Well that's your problem, you pay heed to their callers. Only the most mouthbreathing of mouthbreathers call in. You cant judge the masses by the illiterate blathering of the fringe. So my response about them is "So what?" Is that any worse than the rudolph fucker from a few years ago? Fans do stupid stuff.
So blevins is the fringe?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I can claim I’m a fan of the game, because I am. I love football. I can be totally enthused watching it in any iteration. I love the philosophy. X’s and O’s. People. Stories. Evolution.

You are completely hung up on wanting someone... ANYONE. To wallow in grief over something to do with Oklahoma football. And despite losing two years in a row in a playoff, I simply cannot and won’t do that. It’s been an amazing ride. And honestly, if the roles were reversed, you wouldn’t either.

Despite having one of the worst performing defenses in the country, they achieved those results. So you know what’s gonna happen when they fix that deficiency? A lot of hardware. On top of the hardware they’re already piling up.

Sorry. Not sorry.

Could’ve sworn I said I trade success the other day.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

The double standard was made loud and clear by Biden. Football gets off easy when it comes to breaking the law or rules. Anyone else, they get kicked out of school.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
The double standard was made loud and clear by Biden. Football gets off easy when it comes to breaking the law or rules. Anyone else, they get kicked out of school.

Do you say that because you are personally aware of all the rules breaking done by the whole of the student body or just the ones that make the news? Unless you know all that goes on you really have no frame of reference to go by except for the things you see on the news. Football players eat too much pasta, makes the news. Regular student has to commit a pretty egregious act so you can be pretty sure if it makes the news, that person is done.

As far as getting off easy goes, that's really just your opinion because many players have received very severe punishments.