2019 Bedlam Football Thread.. Lets keep this going, idiots.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
We are all very excited to see what the coordinators from Duke & Princeton can do for Oklahoma State. I’m sure they will bring them to Heights never witnessed in history. Hell they could even get osu recruiting to leapfrog Baylor!
Knowles has an up hill battle just like Grinch. Not a lot of defense being played in our state. Gleeson, on the other hand, well.. you guys are big history jerk offs. Look at the OC's under Gundy. They've all produced top flight offenses. Several went on to become head coaches and one is going to turn around the lowly Cleveland Browns. So, get with TG and do one of your history circle jerks and then tell me what to expect from Gleeson.

As for the Baylor recruiting comment.. You're still showing your lack of intelligence. If you recall, Baylor fired their rape enabling coach a few years ago and cleaned house. They're still feeling the effect of losing out on a lot of recruits. That means they take more players than us because they have roster space to fill. However, if you look at the average rating of their recruits, they aren't higher than us. We bring in better recruits.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
We are all very excited to see what the coordinators from Duke & Princeton can do for Oklahoma State. I’m sure they will bring them to Heights never witnessed in history. Hell they could even get osu recruiting to leapfrog Baylor!
Knowles has an up hill battle just like Grinch. Not a lot of defense being played in our state. Gleeson, on the other hand, well.. you guys are big history jerk offs. Look at the OC's under Gundy. They've all produced top flight offenses. Several went on to become head coaches and one is going to turn around the lowly Cleveland Browns. So, get with TG and do one of your history circle jerks and then tell me what to expect from Gleeson.

As for the Baylor recruiting comment.. You're still showing your lack of intelligence. If you recall, Baylor fired their rape enabling coach a few years ago and cleaned house. They're still feeling the effect of losing out on a lot of recruits. That means they take more players than us because they have roster space to fill. However, if you look at the average rating of their recruits, they aren't higher than us. We bring in better recruits.
It’s not like this state has some weird borders that mean you can’t play defense, it’s just been bad recently. Oklahoma historically has had a pretty damn good defense. This is just a moment in time. Who knows if grinch will be successful, but his style I feel like it might be the best way for Oklahoma to attack big 12 type offenses. Either way it should be a. Improvement. Mayfield already turned around the Browns, and he did it with the running backs coach as his offensive coordinator.

And that’s special and cool and all that they have had a few head coaches from his tree, I guess if we are comparing then Oklahoma’s last eight offensive coordinators went on to head-coaching jobs.

I’m showing my intelligence, you are showing your ass. Baylor is out recruiting Oklahoma State right now, not just in the number of recruits offered, but in the actual class ranking. Yes after losing all those scholarships, taking a hit on their national reputation, and hiring a new coach, they are still out recruiting The mullet. So to call you out on your flat out lie, Baylor is bringing in better recruits (85.77 average) to Osu (85.59) and an overall better recruiting class. The only difference is Baylor has 3 more commits than Osu but their average is still higher. Sucks for you guys the most tenured coach in the b12 can’t even outrecruit the Baylor rapists who are still rebuilding

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
It’s not like this state has some weird borders that mean you can’t play defense, it’s just been bad recently. Oklahoma historically has had a pretty damn good defense. This is just a moment in time. Who knows if grinch will be successful, but his style I feel like it might be the best way for Oklahoma to attack big 12 type offenses. Either way it should be a. Improvement. Mayfield already turned around the Browns, and he did it with the running backs coach as his offensive coordinator.

And that’s special and cool and all that they have had a few head coaches from his tree, I guess if we are comparing then Oklahoma’s last eight offensive coordinators went on to head-coaching jobs.

I’m showing my intelligence, you are showing your ass. Baylor is out recruiting Oklahoma State right now, not just in the number of recruits offered, but in the actual class ranking. Yes after losing all those scholarships, taking a hit on their national reputation, and hiring a new coach, they are still out recruiting The mullet. So to call you out on your flat out lie, Baylor is bringing in better recruits (85.77 average) to Osu (85.59) and an overall better recruiting class. The only difference is Baylor has 3 more commits than Osu but their average is still higher. Sucks for you guys
No. You're still whiffing. Look at the average player rating. I've said it twice now. Do you need me to hold your hand?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
You are looking at rivals, a single ratings service. Is that the only one you look at?? I am citing 247's composite rating, which takes all the ratings services into account (this includes rivals btw).

How do you not understand that? Do you know what composite means?

View attachment 67946
I’ve had it beat into me by friends that I’m supposed to use rivals for football. I figured you were a rivals guy as well. I didn’t even look at 247.

So.. are we both right? Or wrong?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Credit where credit is due though. For the 17 class the mullet actually did outrecruit baylor. Of course this was right smack dab in the middle of the most disgusting football scandal in america. Though only barely. Which is pretty sad considering the stench coming out of waco and the scholarship reductions.

84.95 vs 84.60. Almost the same quality class and baylor had the freaking 31 rape victims to deal with. How can they not be dead last in recruiting after this? Pathetic recruiting efforts by the mullet and co. Holder is right.
2017.PNG

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I’ve had it beat into me by friends that I’m supposed to use rivals for football. I figured you were a rivals guy as well. I didn’t even look at 247.

So.. are we both right? Or wrong?
You are right if you only look at rivals, I am right if you look at everyone. But that's akin to saying youre right because you watch fox and ignore all the other news channels. I used to look at rivals but I dont see the point anymore when you have composite ratings.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
That Goon defense won the conference and went to a playoff. Soo....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soo... you'll accept mediocrity that is clearly costing you NC's. Got it. #justhappytobethere
So winning the conference and going to a playoff is mediocrity.

Two consecutive Heisman winning quarterbacks... something never done before = mediocrity.

Winning four conference titles and going to three of the last four playoffs = mediocrity.

Going out and plunking down big coin on a new defensive coordinator is mediocrity.

Going out and getting a highly sought after grad transfer QB = mediocrity.

So you guys replaced a shit DC with a guy who actually made your defense worse... and continually make excuses for a mullet wearing coach who takes his shirt off in pep rallies, limps into bowl eligibility, a finished above .500 by the skin of his teeth in his 15th year.

What’s that called?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

Two consecutive Heisman winning quarterbacks... something never done before = mediocrity.

Winning four conference titles and going to three of the last four playoffs = mediocrity.

Going out and plunking down big coin on a new defensive coordinator is mediocrity.

So you guys replaced a shit DC with a guy who actually made your defense worse... and continually make excuses for a mullet wearing coach who takes his shirt off in pep rallies, limps into bowl eligibility, a finished above .500 by the skin of his teeth in his 15th year.

What’s that called?

You are bringing unrelated elements into my argument. Your defense is trash and you know it. You hired a guy who wasn’t good enough to run a trash defense and gas one good year on his resume. Your program ran off a winner venables for a loser in stoops. Yay nepotism!

Maybe wait and see before crowning Grinch

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

What’s that called?

You are bringing unrelated elements into my argument. Your defense is trash and you know it. You hired a guy who wasn’t good enough to run a trash defense and gas one good year on his resume. Your program ran off a winner venables for a loser in stoops. Yay nepotism!

Maybe wait and see before crowning Grinch
Not at all. You’re tossing around mediocrity pretty loosely.

You guys would give both left nuts to be that mediocre.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Not at all. You’re tossing around mediocrity pretty loosely.

You guys would give both left nuts to be that mediocre.

To have your defense? We wouldn’t have to give anything.
Technically you guys already got it.

And you hired a new guy and got worse.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor

What’s that called?

May I remind you of the happenstance of your former, former DC. Let's go through this for just a few moments, just for old times sake:
1. Venables sucked, he was the reason boob couldn't get back to the title game.
2. Mikey gets his drunk ass canned in Zona
3. Boob hires mikey, makes mikey co-defensive coordinator
4, gooners near and far celebrate, parades celebrate the new defensive god of norman
5. Dabo, realizing that boob now probably has silicone between his ears, calls Venables up and asks him is he really likes being disrespected by the boobs of the world, or does he want to come down to Clemson and kick some ass. Venables says "Hell yes"
6. Mikey takes over as DC, Mikey screws the pooch for the rest of boob's career.
7. Coach Log enters and runs Mikey off.
8. Venables wins his second ring
8. Saban calls Mikey and offers him an analyst position
9. Coach Log boobs it up and hires some dude that is about to get his ass fired at ohio state
10. gooners near and far celebrate, parades are held to celebrate the new defensive god of norman

If the lather, rinse, repeat of the goon coaching cycle occurs then Mikey will be getting a ring at 'bama while the new guy will be suffering through having a suck ass defense