2019 Bedlam Football Thread.. Lets keep this going, idiots.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
You act like building a championship team against juggernauts like Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State is easy.

Those three teams swallow the elite blue chippers every single year. Building is a process. LSU has swallowed defensive blue chippers every year and finally discovered the forward pass and hit the lottery in the transfer portal and an assistant on the rise.

Building against that is incredibly difficult. Riley is moving in the right direction and has a motivation that Stoops lost back in 2010.

Replacing years of lazy recruiting and scheme is difficult.

That’s why Oklahoma is relevant and Oklahoma State is not. One is building and relevant.... and the other is fat and complacent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at you.. the shiitiest of the playoff teams.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
You act like building a championship team against juggernauts like Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State is easy.

Those three teams swallow the elite blue chippers every single year. Building is a process. LSU has swallowed defensive blue chippers every year and finally discovered the forward pass and hit the lottery in the transfer portal and an assistant on the rise.

Building against that is incredibly difficult. Riley is moving in the right direction and has a motivation that Stoops lost back in 2010.

That’s why Oklahoma is relevant and Oklahoma State is not. One is building and relevant.... and the other is fat and complacent.

They think they are Cinderella just waiting for their opportunity to have the right fairy godmother come along and give them a good enough team when in reality they're the ugly stepsister of the bunch and they'll never get the prince.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

At least Oklahoma’s competing and building for one.

You guys can’t even sniff the conference.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
They think they are Cinderella just waiting for their opportunity to have the right fairy godmother come along and give them a good enough team when in reality they're the ugly stepsister of the bunch and they'll never get the prince.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
You looked at your main board any time in the last few years? You know how many “this is our year” posts there’s been? Corndog!!! Rudolph for Heisman!!! Gundy!!!

I’d rather be the ugly stepsister of the elite than the crack whore at the bus station.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Venables wasn’t the same DC at OU that he was at Clemson. There were flashes, but also a lot of inconsistency. It’s not like he was good and we just couldn’t keep him in town like every single solitary assistant or coordinator that OSU has ever had.

And Andy? You’re the king of “your analysis is a bit suspect”, so pump the brakes on that shit, buddy.

You are correct

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
You said we couldn’t even sniff the conference. The graphic says otherwise.
Well, all those wins, enough to have the 2nd most in the conference, sure. Cool. nice red herring, fun to be able to stand up in the shallow end of the pool. Still, less conference titles than the team 4th on that list. Same number of titles as #3 and #6. Right on. But all those wins didnt do squat for them when it mattered most. Just like how OU has completely dominated the conference for the past decade, winning 5 straight conference titles didnt help much because they are clearly not close to where they really need to be. 73-16 conference record is just a red herring. And all those wins haven't done a whole lot for osu except for trash talking fans of the listed teams who won less osu's 58. If OU, who is completely dominating the big 12 right now, isnt ready to win it all, imagine all the scrub teams below them and where they stand on the national stage.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Well, all those wins, enough to have the 2nd most in the conference, sure. Cool. nice red herring, fun to be able to stand up in the shallow end of the pool. Still, less conference titles than the team 4th on that list. Same number of titles as #3 and #6. Right on. But all those wins didnt do squat for them when it mattered most. Just like how OU has completely dominated the conference for the past decade, winning 5 straight conference titles didnt help much because they are clearly not close to where they really need to be. 73-16 conference record is just a red herring. And all those wins haven't done a whole lot for osu except for trash talking fans of the listed teams who won less osu's 58. If OU, who is completely dominating the big 12 right now, isnt ready to win it all, imagine all the scrub teams below them and where they stand on the national stage.
He said we couldn’t even sniff the conference. Second is sniffing territory.

ou doesn’t dominate the conference like playoff teams truly dominate ou in the playoffs. Ou squeaks by the Big 12 a lot. So the other Big 12 teams would get worked just like OU.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You looked at your main board any time in the last few years? You know how many “this is our year” posts there’s been? Corndog!!! Rudolph for Heisman!!! Gundy!!!

I’d rather be the ugly stepsister of the elite than the crack whore at the bus station.

Wow, justifying your favorite teams getting their ass kicked between their shoulder blades is not working well for you. Was it your ugly stepsister that became the crack whore at the bus station? Have we uncovered your major issue in this simple Freudian slip?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

ou doesn’t dominate the conference like playoff teams truly dominate ou in the playoffs. Ou squeaks by the Big 12 a lot. So the other Big 12 teams would get worked just like OU.
No one team is consistently getting close to winning the conference outside OU. Everyone takes turns.

OU is super close to putting in 12 rounds with the upper crust elite. There’s only like three of them. Bama, Clemson, Ohio State. If LSU retains Joe Brady, they may join the party. They have the defensive depth. That’s something OU is still developing going into Grinch’s second season. With constant attrition, it’s difficult to stay at that high of an echelon of performance year after year.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Thanks to the goons, a Big 12 team us unlikely to be selected for the playoffs for years to come. They exemplify the mediocrity of Big 12 competition. Big fish in a small pond x 4.

OctaviusRexLTH

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
I didn’t even really hate OU that much until the Dirty Game.

They call us little bro, but then have a slampiece when we’re rolling, playing for 2 big 12 titles in three years and winnin one because they can’t stand not being the favorite child of the state. Now that’s more little brother, chicken****, insecurity than anything I’ve ever seen from OSU. Gotta lie to keep OSU down

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
No one team is consistently getting close to winning the conference outside OU. Everyone takes turns.

OU is super close to putting in 12 rounds with the upper crust elite. There’s only like three of them. Bama, Clemson, Ohio State. If LSU retains Joe Brady, they may join the party. They have the defensive depth. That’s something OU is still developing going into Grinch’s second season. With constant attrition, it’s difficult to stay at that high of an echelon of performance year after year.

It’s always something going on.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

I mean you can call it sniffing territory if you want, but it doesnt mean they were close. Alabama was #2 last year but they werent even close to #1 Clemson. Like osu , 58-31 against the big 12 in the last decade. But 2-8 against the #1 team and 0 for the last 5. How close are they really?

The other big 12 teams would get worked much worse. OU has squeaked by in some games, but their dominance of the conference is a two decade long event, so yes there will be close games.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I mean you can call it sniffing territory if you want, but it doesnt mean they were close. Alabama was #2 last year but they werent even close to #1 Clemson. Like osu , 58-31 against the big 12 in the last decade. But 2-8 against the #1 team and 0 for the last 5. How close are they really?

The other big 12 teams would get worked much worse. OU has squeaked by in some games, but their dominance of the conference is a two decade long event, so yes there will be close games.
ou is not the ou of two decades ago. They squeak by the conference now and the teams they barely beat would also be down 49-14 at half to LSU.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
ou is not the ou of two decades ago. They squeak by the conference now and the teams they barely beat would also be down 49-14 at half to LSU.
Actually they won the last 5 straight conference championships, they are in better form than they were two decades ago. Two decades ago, they were just coming off their first winning season in years.

Riley's 24-3 big 12 record speaks for itself. He owns the conference, but that's not a discussion an osu fan would want to have. And it doesnt matter much, they have bigger things to worry about winning. Very exciting.