2019 Bedlam Football Thread.. Lets keep this going, idiots.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
I proved you incorrect. "Previous years dont mean a damn thing" and yet you wondered out loud about OU having faced a tough tail end of their schedule in the past. You seem like you dont know what direction you want to go here. All I did was address your silly thought.

No this is not the first year Riley hasnt had an eventual #1 pick. So, wrong again. Just what do you think he was doing before he came to OU? I'm curious what you think.
I think the last time he didn't have an eventual #1 overall draft pick (2014) at QB he lost two games in November and his first and December.....then lost a bowl. Not that that matters a hill of beans but you asked.

OU just played their toughest game. They lost. There are 2-3 games on their schedule that are tougher than that game. Well see how it goes. Not crazy to think they lose again.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I think the last time he didn't have an eventual #1 overall draft pick (2014) at QB he lost two games in November and his first and December.....then lost a bowl. Not that that matters a hill of beans but you asked.

OU just played their toughest game. They lost. There are 2-3 games on their schedule that are tougher than that game. Well see how it goes. Not crazy to think they lose again.
Ah, good so you acknowledge that your previous statement was wrong, so at least we can start somewhere. Yes, 2014 was the last time he didnt have an eventual #1 overall qb. He was still the #2 passer in the country, not bad for a 2 star playing for eastern carolina. Point is, he does things with qbs. He did great things with the qb before that too. So at this point in his career as OC, every qb he's had has been a top 5 qb in the country. Every single one. That's just nuts. I'm not sure if anyone else can say that. So dont be surprised if Rattler turns out to be a stud too.

It's not crazy to think they lose again, but it's not smart money either. They lost last week, but if they lined up again saturday, it wouldnt go the same way. I tihnk we can all agree that Ksu is not the better team, but yes they certainly had a better day. Thing is, OU has a history of showing up after a loss but obviously they have to bring their A game to win out. If they do that nobody in this league is capable of beating them, so really it's just a matter of doing that. If they dont clearly they will lose

Last edited:

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I proved you incorrect. "Previous years dont mean a damn thing" and yet you wondered out loud about OU having faced a tough tail end of their schedule in the past. You seem like you dont know what direction you want to go here. All I did was address your silly thought.

No this is not the first year Riley hasnt had an eventual #1 pick. So, wrong again. Just what do you think he was doing before he came to OU? I'm curious what you think.

Well, not much to talk about in regard to osu. Sucks being irrelevant i guess.

Base on your comment, it's something you needed.So now I show you what he does with a 1st year starter and you gotta move the goalposts because you just hate being proved wrong I guess. You discount what he did at ECU because of the league they play in, but it's all similar talent. He didnt have 5 star rbs and all americans on the Oline, didnt have stud wrs. He just had his offense and his 2 star qbs and made something out of that mess. And no, two guys who just completed rather pedestrian freshman seasons are not groomed upperclassmen. Lol, what kind of dumb shit is that? I mean hello they weren't even the starters so they transferred. Riley is the reason they eventually turned into groomed upper classmen though. They could have turned out like tate martell or went to some lesser program and never made a name for themselves. They got lucky. Riley saw film on Murray, and wanted him, saying he could win him a heisman despite the low % of completion and high number of interceptions.

And Rattler is a future superstar. But all your're gonna tell me is that when he starts next season, he's just a groomed upper classman. or you'll say that he was already good before coming to OU so it doesnt count. You'll figure out a way convince yourself that it's really just Riley getting super lucky again and again and again. and again.
LOL I’m not even close to wrong

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Ah, good so you acknowledge that your previous statement was wrong, so at least we can start somewhere. Yes, 2014 was the last time he didnt have an eventual #1 overall qb. He was still the #2 passer in the country, not bad for a 2 star playing for eastern carolina. Point is, he does things with qbs. He did great things with the qb before that too. So at this point in his career as OC, every qb he's had has been a top 5 qb in the country. Every single one. That's just nuts. I'm not sure if anyone else can say that. So dont be surprised if Rattler turns out to be a stud too.

It's not crazy to think they lose again, but it's not smart money either. They lost last week, but if they lined up again saturday, it wouldnt go the same way. I tihnk we can all agree that Ksu is not the better team, but yes they certainly had a better day. Thing is, OU has a history of showing up after a loss but obviously they have to bring their A game to win out. If they do that nobody in this league is capable of beating them, so really it's just a matter of doing that. If they dont clearly they will lose
Odds on that "A" game getting them in the playoff?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
LOL I’m not even close to wrong
Yes you are. Having just completed your freshman season does not make you a "groomed upperclassman". It does not even make you an upperclassman, so I have my doubts you know what "upperclassman" means. And they were both far from groomed, hello, they were both interception machines who had issues with decision making. They learned a lot from the qb guru, and they wouldnt have won heismans at tech and aggie.

Good.

Odds on that "A" game getting them in the playoff?
No odds given. It's not up to them anymore, too many variables. Chances of them winning out the rest of the regular season? 90%.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Yes you are. Having just completed your freshman season does not make you a "groomed upperclassman". It does not even make you an upperclassman, so I have my doubts you know what "upperclassman" means. And they were both far from groomed, hello, they were both interception machines who had issues with decision making. They learned a lot from the qb guru, and they wouldnt have won heismans at tech and aggie.
I'm sorry.. how many seasons did Kyler Murray play at OU? How long had he been in the program?

The point was, both QBs had been thrown to the fire as freshman, got time to work out the kinks at OU, and it paid off. The guy next year will have little to no experience as a college QB. That can't be disputed no matter how high you are. It'll be interesting to see how it works out for Riley next year. If it pays off, then it's another feather in his cap. If there are struggles, then that's life as a first year starter and he'll sink or swim from there on out.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
If you say so. but they won the last 31 after a loss. It's more likely than not.

I'm sorry.. how many seasons did Kyler Murray play at OU? How long had he been in the program?

The point was, both QBs had been thrown to the fire as freshman, got time to work out the kinks at OU, and it paid off. The guy next year will have little to no experience as a college QB. That can't be disputed no matter how high you are. It'll be interesting to see how it works out for Riley next year. If it pays off, then it's another feather in his cap. If there are struggles, then that's life as a first year starter and he'll sink or swim from there on out.
Yeah, just worked out the kinks, would have won heismans anywhere, duh. Hell of an off-season for Hurts too, working out those kinks after 3 terrible years at alabama, he finally figured it out. It's like they have some weird magical working out the kinks machine over there or something. Amazing really. It will be interesting to see how Rattler plays, and he's going to be very good, we are very much looking forward to it.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
If you say so. but they won the last 31 after a loss. It's more likely than not.

Yeah, just worked out the kinks, would have won heismans anywhere, duh. Hell of an off-season for Hurts too, working out those kinks after 3 terrible years at alabama, he finally figured it out. It's like they have some weird magical working out the kinks machine over there or something. Amazing really. It will be interesting to see how Rattler plays, and he's going to be very good, we are very much looking forward to it.
I quit reading at "3 terrible years at Alabama." He wasn't a terrible QB.