2019 Bedlam Football Thread.. Lets keep this going, idiots.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Shit happens. Wouldn’t be the first time we got into the playoffs with one loss. K State played with their hair on fire and OU played flat.

It’s nice you guys get to live vicariously through another team. You got that going for you at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so when we lose you aren’t living vicariously through us, but when you lose, we are living vicariously through you.

The hypocrisy remains ever strong in you even after all these years. Never change, kid.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Shit happens. Wouldn’t be the first time we got into the playoffs with one loss. K State played with their hair on fire and OU played flat.

It’s nice you guys get to live vicariously through another team. You got that going for you at least.

Thanks for stopping by an OSU sports board to post.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Looked like K State played exactly the way they did when the Pokes limited them to 13 points. But whatever lubes you up after they went in dry...
You played Tech right? How’d that go for ya? Wanna compare notes?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
The silence in this thread is golden

View attachment 74458
I don’t give a rats ass one way or another if OSU wins or loses. I don’t watch games and hope for their demise. Literally, the only schadenfreude I get is from this board. If I had it my way, every team would be undefeated until they played OU. I have zero ill will against OSU at all.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I don’t give a rats ass one way or another if OSU wins or loses. I don’t watch games and hope for their demise. Literally, the only schadenfreude I get is from this board. If I had it my way, every team would be undefeated until they played OU. I have zero ill will against OSU at all.

When backed into a corner the rat shows his ass.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
You played Tech right? How’d that go for ya? Wanna compare notes?

We're playing a RSFr at QB. He makes mistakes like many freshman do. Unless OU keeps the QB transfer train rolling, y'all will get to experience the growing pains too (finally!). Riley has obviously done a helluva job in his time at OU, but it'll be interesting to see how he does with a first year starter instead of an upper classman, Heisman caliber QB. Those guys make life a lot easier.

And look.. I know OU has recruited well. However, Sanders was highly recruited himself. I don't care how many stars they have. The game is different at this level. Any fan of the game knows and understands this well.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
We're playing a RSFr at QB. He makes mistakes like many freshman do. Unless OU keeps the QB transfer train rolling, y'all will get to experience the growing pains too (finally!). Riley has obviously done a helluva job in his time at OU, but it'll be interesting to see how he does with a first year starter instead of an upper classman, Heisman caliber QB. Those guys make life a lot easier.

And look.. I know OU has recruited well. However, Sanders was highly recruited himself. I don't care how many stars they have. The game is different at this level. Any fan of the game knows and understands this well.
You forget how bad Mayfield and Murray were before Riley got his hands on them. Riley has a history of doing things with qbs that predates his time at OU. And now he's making Hurts look better than he is too. None of those guy were in any heisman talks before they came to OU. Just saying. But I think OU's best qb is redshirting this year.

Evidently about as well as your team's game against the mildcats.
Oh no, they lost a game. Things happen. They can neuter that loss by winning out. I know, I know, they just arent capable of it, right?

Even funnier.....he thinks OU doesn't lose again.
Since Riley came to OU, they are 31-0 after losing a game, not counting bowl season. That means winning every single big 12 game after losing for the last 4 seasons. So history tells us one of two things will happen: They win out and lose in the playoffs, Or they win out and win the sugar bowl. But I wouldnt put money on them losing another big 12 game this year.

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
Since Riley came to OU, they are 31-0 after losing a game, not counting bowl season. That means winning every single big 12 game after losing for the last 4 seasons. So history tells us one of two things will happen: They win out and lose in the playoffs, Or they win out and win the sugar bowl. But I wouldnt put money on them losing another big 12 game this year.
Yeah, this is a solid point. That said, not sure I can remember a year where OU played their 5 toughest games consecutively at the end of the year.

KSU is the best team OU has played. A injured Texas team is 2nd. I guess you can split hairs between WVU, UCLA, Kansas, and TT.

Either way, name a team that has had it easier to date. OU will be large favorites in each of its last 4 games, but I certainly wouldn't lay down the money for them to run off 4 straight against the leagues most dangerous teams. Other years sure, this year no.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
You forget how bad Mayfield and Murray were before Riley got his hands on them. Riley has a history of doing things with qbs that predates his time at OU. And now he's making Hurts look better than he is too. None of those guy were in any heisman talks before they came to OU. Just saying. But I think OU's best qb is redshirting this year.

Oh no, they lost a game. Things happen. They can neuter that loss by winning out. I know, I know, they just arent capable of it, right?

Oh, imagine that.. freshman sucking at college football. I said it’ll interesting to see his Riley does with a first year starter, that is if he ever gets the chance.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yeah, this is a solid point. That said, not sure I can remember a year where OU played their 5 toughest games consecutively at the end of the year.
Couple things about that- Riley is undefeated in November since coming to OU. And they had a pretty decent gauntlet at the end of '15 playing #6, #18 and #11, two on the road. They beat 3 ranked teams after a loss in 16. In 17 after a loss they beat texas, and #11 osu and tcu twice when they were ranked 6 and 11. Then last year their last 5 games were rough because of the lack of defense and they were all dog fights, even though only their final 2 were ranked.

KSU is the best team OU has played. A injured Texas team is 2nd. I guess you can split hairs between WVU, UCLA, Kansas, and TT.

Either way, name a team that has had it easier to date. OU will be large favorites in each of its last 4 games, but I certainly wouldn't lay down the money for them to run off 4 straight against the leagues most dangerous teams. Other years sure, this year no.
Not sure why this year's team is not capable of it to you. They are averaging more points and more yards than other years, and the defense is giving up less points and yards too. Sure, wont be easy, but it's not all that hard either. Their bowl opponent will be tougher than the rest of their schedule will be.

Oh, imagine that.. freshman sucking at college football. I said it’ll interesting to see his Riley does with a first year starter, that is if he ever gets the chance.
If you still have doubts about what Riley can do for a qb, you really should just look at his history. Murray and Mayfield were completely different players at OU than they were at their previous destination. It's really not even close. It's the same with Hurts. He even turned Dominique Davis, a community college transfer the #4 passer in the country, at EC freaking U. There is an established history of getting great play from his qbs, transfer or not.

As far as what he can do with a 1st year starter, he did it with Shane Carden. He was a 2 star qb who became #2 in the nation in passing in Riley's last year at ECU. You're going to really hate Rattler for the next few years. I think he's better than Hurts.

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
Couple things about that- Riley is undefeated in November since coming to OU. And they had a pretty decent gauntlet at the end of '15 playing #6, #18 and #11, two on the road. They beat 3 ranked teams after a loss in 16. In 17 after a loss they beat texas, and #11 osu and tcu twice when they were ranked 6 and 11. Then last year their last 5 games were rough because of the lack of defense and they were all dog fights, even though only their final 2 were ranked.

Not sure why this year's team is not capable of it to you. They are averaging more points and more yards than other years, and the defense is giving up less points and yards too. Sure, wont be easy, but it's not all that hard either. Their bowl opponent will be tougher than the rest of their schedule will be.

If you still have doubts about what Riley can do for a qb, you really should just look at his history. Murray and Mayfield were completely different players at OU than they were at their previous destination. It's really not even close. It's the same with Hurts. He even turned Dominique Davis, a community college transfer the #4 passer in the country, at EC freaking U. There is an established history of getting great play from his qbs, transfer or not.

As far as what he can do with a 1st year starter, he did it with Shane Carden. He was a 2 star qb who became #2 in the nation in passing in Riley's last year at ECU. You're going to really hate Rattler for the next few years. I think he's better than Hurts.
My entire point, is that KSU is the best team OU has played. They got beat. OU's numbers are inflated to date much in part to their schedule being lopsided.

And reaching back the last three years to build an argument for this year is nothing but a weak argument. Under that logic LR could stay at OU forever and not have a down year....or lose a game in November....or not make the playoffs.... It's very possible OU is lesser of a team than the last three years and you are just now starting to see reality since the schedule has shifted to the tougher portion.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
My entire point, is that KSU is the best team OU has played. They got beat. OU's numbers are inflated to date much in part to their schedule being lopsided.

And reaching back the last three years to build an argument for this year is nothing but a weak argument. Under that logic LR could stay at OU forever and not have a down year....or lose a game in November....or not make the playoffs.... It's very possible OU is lesser of a team than the last three years and you are just now starting to see reality since the schedule has shifted to the tougher portion.
Maybe, but so what? They got beat by the best team they played up to that point last year and it wasnt a big deal. It's not like it's new territory. OUs numbers arent inflated, this is pretty normal for them in case you havent been following along. You seem more concerned and doubtful but really, save that for your own program. Yes the defense had an off game, and that's to be expected. last year it ran away from them and got worse. What they do next week will tell us a lot about where they are on defense, if they bounce back to Grinch football, or go back to mike stoops football. I have been very pleased with the defense otherwise though, and I expect that to carry over to future games and they will learn from this. I'd bet you real money that the defense does not shit the bed against Isu.

I am not reaching back to build an argument- I am referencing proven history as a response to you not remembering a year when they played a tough schedule at the tail end of the season. There is no argument here, I was informing you of recent history due to your memory issues and based on your criteria, the past is literally the only option for that.

There is no indication that this is a lesser team than the previous few years whatsoever. Now that would be a weak argument to make. Osu on the other hand, seems a lesser team than in some previous years.

Last edited:

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
Maybe, but so what? They got beat by the best team they played up to that point last year and it wasnt a big deal. It's not like it's new territory. OUs numbers arent inflated, this is pretty normal for them in case you havent been following along. You seem more concerned and doubtful but really, save that for your own program. Yes the defense had an off game, and that's to be expected. last year it ran away from them and got worse. What they do next week will tell us a lot about where they are on defense, if they bounce back to Grinch football, or go back to mike stoops football. I have been very pleased with the defense otherwise though, and I expect that to carry over to future games and they will learn from this. I'd bet you real money that the defense does not shit the bed against Isu.

I am not reaching back to build an argument- I am referencing proven history as a response to you not remembering a year when they played a tough schedule at the tail end of the season. There is no argument here, I was informing you of recent history due to your memory issues and based on your criteria, the past is literally the only option for that.

There is no indication that this is a lesser team than the previous few years whatsoever. Now that would be a weak argument to make. Osu on the other hand, seems a lesser team than in some previous years.
That's a lot of words used to dance around the fact that i'm correct. Previous years don't mean a damn thing.

This is the first year Riley hasn't had an eventual #1 pick at QB.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston

Good stuff MT, fun reading this thread all the whining from the pokes talking about OU, with one loss...no mention of pokes football in awhile (not even in top 5 of Big 12, and there aren't even 12 teams):D...understandable.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

Thanks for telling me about all these guys I would never bother looking up. I'm not saying Riley is a bad QB coach. That's obviously not true after two heisman winners. Those winners were groomed upper classmen no matter what they looked like as freshman at other school. We'll see what he can do with a freshman in a league that isn't in whatever league ECfreakingU is in.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
That's a lot of words used to dance around the fact that i'm correct. Previous years don't mean a damn thing.

This is the first year Riley hasn't had an eventual #1 pick at QB.
I proved you incorrect. "Previous years dont mean a damn thing" and yet you wondered out loud about OU having faced a tough tail end of their schedule in the past. You seem like you dont know what direction you want to go here. All I did was address your silly thought.

No this is not the first year Riley hasnt had an eventual #1 pick. So, wrong again. Just what do you think he was doing before he came to OU? I'm curious what you think.

Good stuff MT, fun reading this thread all the whining from the pokes talking about OU, with one loss...no mention of pokes football in awhile (not even in top 5 of Big 12, and there aren't even 12 teams):D...understandable.
Well, not much to talk about in regard to osu. Sucks being irrelevant i guess.

Thanks for telling me about all these guys I would never bother looking up. I'm not saying Riley is a bad QB coach. That's obviously not true after two heisman winners. Those winners were groomed upper classmen no matter what they looked like as freshman at other school. We'll see what he can do with a freshman in a league that isn't in whatever league ECfreakingU is in.
Base on your comment, it's something you needed.So now I show you what he does with a 1st year starter and you gotta move the goalposts because you just hate being proved wrong I guess. You discount what he did at ECU because of the league they play in, but it's all similar talent. He didnt have 5 star rbs and all americans on the Oline, didnt have stud wrs. He just had his offense and his 2 star qbs and made something out of that mess. And no, two guys who just completed rather pedestrian freshman seasons are not groomed upperclassmen. Lol, what kind of dumb shit is that? I mean hello they weren't even the starters so they transferred. Riley is the reason they eventually turned into groomed upper classmen though. They could have turned out like tate martell or went to some lesser program and never made a name for themselves. They got lucky. Riley saw film on Murray, and wanted him, saying he could win him a heisman despite the low % of completion and high number of interceptions.

And Rattler is a future superstar. But all your're gonna tell me is that when he starts next season, he's just a groomed upper classman. or you'll say that he was already good before coming to OU so it doesnt count. You'll figure out a way convince yourself that it's really just Riley getting super lucky again and again and again. and again.