2019 Bedlam Football Thread.. Lets keep this going, idiots.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Hurts to OU. No real surprise. Also no surprise to see OU completely hypocrite out and sh!t all over Austin Kendall in attempting to block his eligibility at WV next season. It's an incredibly ugly and pathetic look for Riley and OU. OU always likes to act like they care about helping these kids grow and become men, keeping student athletes' best interest in mind. Blocking the eligibility of kid who's done right at OU is dirty.

Spin away, morons.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
Hurts to OU. No real surprise. Also no surprise to see OU completely hypocrite out and sh!t all over Austin Kendall in attempting to block his eligibility at WV next season. It's an incredibly ugly and pathetic look for Riley and OU. OU always likes to act like they care about helping these kids grow and become men, keeping student athletes' best interest in mind. Blocking the eligibility of kid who's done right at OU is dirty.

Spin away, morons.
I agree, as soon at Hurts committed Riley should do everything he can to help Kendall go, outside the Big 12 conference, that's common, to support a player transferring out of conference. Another big add for OU is bringing in Roy Manning as cornerbacks coach, going to be a long season for the Pokes this fall.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
,going to be a long season for the Pokes this fall.
I don't follow.. you tell me all this stuff about OU and then basically say it will be a long season for the Pokes. I hope it's a long season. That means we play deep into bowl season. Or are you trying to say we won't be any good? If so, I disagree. We have a good shot to get back to the 10 win cusp Gundy has had us at.

Apr 20, 2013
Bakersfield, CA

Spin away, morons.
I agree, as soon at Hurts committed Riley should do everything he can to help Kendall go, outside the Big 12 conference, that's common, to support a player transferring out of conference. Another big add for OU is bringing in Roy Manning as cornerbacks coach, going to be a long season for the Pokes this fall.
Are you insinuating OU will have a good defense because they picked up a CB coach?

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
I don't follow.. you tell me all this stuff about OU and then basically say it will be a long season for the Pokes. I hope it's a long season. That means we play deep into bowl season. Or are you trying to say we won't be any good? If so, I disagree. We have a good shot to get back to the 10 win cusp Gundy has had us at.
Nope didn't say you wouldn't be any good, Pokes are always good enough to get into some bowls.

Aug 16, 2012
Why only outside the conference? OU is the one who complained about TTU when they put the brakes on Mayfield being eligible when he showed up in Norman (which TTU eventually permitted), then used political clout to have the transfer issue not only voted on, but voted on TWICE in 24 hours so that Mayfield would retain eligibility. Come to think of it, this is a Riley trait since he is the one who tried to hold back Mayfield then and now Kendall.

Apr 20, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Are you insinuating OU will have a good defense because they picked up a CB coach?
He is a good add with the new DC, I mean, OU's defense couldn't get much worse. Riley making the right adds to get OU's D going. What is Gundy doing these days?
Probably doing a Google search for the next OC. You are right though, those DBs can't get much worse.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I'd be surprised if anyone touches this one. It'd be an awfully hollow rebuttal if someone does bite.
Jackasses will bite. This is a pretty small and shitty thing for Riley to do and really shows his true colors.

Kendall has one year of eligibility and Riley just recruited another kid with one year of eligibility.

I don't understand this move at all. Kendall obviously knows the offensive system and it the same value to WVU (or detriment to OU) if he is playing or holding a clip board.

The only reason I can see if Kendall gets the starting job and then WVU somehow wins the BIG12 it will make Riley look bad which is not very likely... i just don't get this petty shit.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
Jackasses will bite. This is a pretty small and shitty thing for Riley to do and really shows his true colors.

Kendall has one year of eligibility and Riley just recruited another kid with one year of eligibility.

I don't understand this move at all. Kendall obviously knows the offensive system and it the same value to WVU (or detriment to OU) if he is playing or holding a clip board.

The only reason I can see if Kendall gets the starting job and then WVU somehow wins the BIG12 it will make Riley look bad which is not very likely... i just don't get this petty shit.
good call chop, Riley would look pretty stupid if Kendall lit it up in the Big 12.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Yeah, because let’s let a guy who knows the offense and all the signals have immediate eligibility in our conference.

Mayfield had to sit his first year and regained that lost year of eligibility at the end.

It’s pretty common to block immediate eligibility in conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Yeah, because let’s let a guy who knows the offense and all the signals have immediate eligibility in our conference.

Mayfield had to sit his first year and regained that lost year of eligibility at the end.

Lol

Riley realized his hypocrisy on multiple fronts and righted his wrong.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater

My 6th grade baseball team changed signals every game. It is not so complicated that a 12 year old can do it. If there were only game film for teams to study, they wouldn't have to try to get inside information on the playbook contents. :derp:

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
good call chop, Riley would look pretty stupid if Kendall lit it up in the Big 12.
Hahaha, well all (99.9% of football fans) who said this was dumb get the last laugh.

In a statement to the Tulsa World, OU athletic director Joe Castiglione had this to say:

“We think the world of Austin Kendall. He has the freedom to make whatever decision (continue as a Sooner or transfer) he believes is in his best interest. He has been a terrific student athlete for the University of Oklahoma.”

OU “worked through its concerns” of Kendall’s desire to transfer and play immediately at another Big 12 school, according to the report.

What "concerns"... my young (albeit talented) coach is a jackass and bush-league?

Even old Joe walked over to Lincoln Riley's office and said "WTF are we doing here?"

The fact that your athletic director is providing the quotes in a '3rd string qb transfer' PR mess is quite telling that this whole thing was petty and classless.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
No he didn't... Joe Castiglione had to go over there and get involved and ask Riley what the hell he was doing?

I have not seen any quotes from the head coach, just the head coach's BOSS!!!
Well at least someone without sh!t for brains at OU realized it.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
My 6th grade baseball team changed signals every game. It is not so complicated that a 12 year old can do it. If there were only game film for teams to study, they wouldn't have to try to get inside information on the playbook contents. :derp:
TG also forgets that the players who don't go pro, sometimes end up in coaching as GAs.. for other Big 12 schools. Oh, no! The horror! Just look at a recent example.. JW Walsh was a GA at TCU in 2016. In 2015, he was a QB on our roster and knew the offense well, but what happened the very next season at TCU? 31-6, Pokes.

But as brilliant as TG says Riley is.. wouldn't you think Riley would do what all coaches do every week as the season goes on by adding new wrinkles to the offense? Austin Kendall would know OU's base offense from last year. Riley is going to have to update the offense to suit Hurts. It's not going to be the exact same because it can't be.

And LOL big bad OU being afraid of a kid who never saw the field and the rest of the peeons at WV. OU hasn't lost to them since they joined the Big 12, but now all the hardcore bad asses like TG are shaking in their boots. :lol:

Can't wait for the local goons here to address the hypocrisy though.