2018 Thunder Offseason

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 19, 2012
I see what you're saying.
I agree they aren't done making moves. I think they need to shed a lot more salary. I imagine Singler, Patterson, Abrines, and Schroeder in that order may get traded before the deadline. Our payroll is still awfully high for a team with only 2 superstars, albeit two other elite defenders.

Jun 20, 2012
I’ve heard rumblings that Patterson will start. I think that’ll be fine, but hope Grant sees more minutes so their pace is faster this season without Marshmelo jogging all game long. Patterson isn’t exactly a gazelle. They need to play faster so the games don’t entirely hinge on Westbrook or PG. It’ll also strengthen the bench. I think this season is lining up to be far more fun to watch than the last two. Big year for Adams, if they’ll keep him fed.

Nov 27, 2007
I’ve heard rumblings that Patterson will start. I think that’ll be fine, but hope Grant sees more minutes so their pace is faster this season without Marshmelo jogging all game long. Patterson isn’t exactly a gazelle. They need to play faster so the games don’t entirely hinge on Westbrook or PG. It’ll also strengthen the bench. I think this season is lining up to be far more fun to watch than the last two. Big year for Adams, if they’ll keep him fed.

I think Patterson is more athletic than you think. I think Thunder fan impression of him in general is of him being out of shape at the beginning of last season due to the knee surgery he had that cost him all of training camp. He was in much better shape & playing much better by the time the season ended. And overall, he still hit 38.6% of his threes last year while playing plus defense. In today’s NBA, you can’t be unathletic & still be a good defender.

Completely agree with the rest of your points though. Hoping for a fun year!

Dec 19, 2012
I think Patterson is more athletic than you think. I think Thunder fan impression of him in general is of him being out of shape at the beginning of last season due to the knee surgery he had that cost him all of training camp. He was in much better shape & playing much better by the time the season ended. And overall, he still hit 38.6% of his threes last year while playing plus defense. In today’s NBA, you can’t be unathletic & still be a good defender.

Completely agree with the rest of your points though. Hoping for a fun year!
I think he's fine when the matchup is right, but we need Jerami against quick teams like the Warriors for defense.