2018 Thunder Offseason

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
The Thunder have started off-season off great. I'm not entirely sure the Thunder may try Melo and cut him later in the year if needed.

So, I see three needs at this point: A backup PG, Backup SG/SF, and Backup C.

Projected lineups:
1 Westbrook
2 Roberson
3 George
4 Grant
5 Adams

Backups:
1 None (I think Isaah Thomas would be great here or hopefully resign Felton to min)
EDIT: add Tyreke Evans to the list the Thunder have spoken with. He'd be a great get, but I don't think we can pay enough.
2 Abrines
3 Ferguson
4 Melo (If he'll come off the bench he'll be very effective in ISO)
5 Patterson (I feel like we need one more big backup, they pursued Javale McGee and the Lakers got him, rumors we want Nerlens Noel too)

We need a combo 2/3 as backup for injuries- Brewer could be a possibility to resign.
Grant should continue to come off the bench and Patterson should start. Grant would make George the only 3 point threat on the court and would allow the defense to play in the paint more.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Tyreke would be a great fit.

There is a few guys I think they are looking at and a few that people are pushing for the Thunder to try to get.

1. Tyreke
2. Noel
3. Some sort of Trade for Kevin Love(think threeway with Houston so Melo will agree)
4. Avery Bradley

Outside of those I don't know what else they's do. Lakers were in on Noel before signing Javale. That seems down to OKC or Washington now.

I think the trade for Love is far fetched, but keep in mind Love and Westbrook were teammates at UCLA. Presti is a magician and Melo wanted to go to Houston anyway. Houston and Clev would have to agree. I'd love Noel and Tyreke. Bradley is nice, but Tyreke is a better scorer and creator off the bench.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Just wanted to add...

Sam Presti has balls of solid rock man. Dude gambled possibly the whole Westbrook era on PG staying. He bet on himself and Westbrook and won. There were thoughts that if PG left that OKC might blow it up and rebuild. That means trading Westbrook and starting over. There was some outliers talking about OKC losing the franchise. This was a HUGE move and it paid off so far.

Scared money don't make none.

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Yep, and we haven't moved Melo yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade. Melo can choose to accept or come off he bench.
Melo has a no trade clause in his contract which means he can kill any trade his does not want. Due to this I am betting they just pay him off and send him on his way so they can save a bunch due to the salary cap penalties.

Dec 19, 2012
Yep, and we haven't moved Melo yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade. Melo can choose to accept or come off he bench.
Yeah, I'm not convinced the Thunder doesn't want Melo to come off the bench and see how he does.
We have 2years over $5 mil to both Patterson and Singler, plus a contact over $5 mil to Abrines. I think all those guys are potential movers to free space for a guy like Tyreke Evans if we can get him. It will be tough with Warriors and Lakers gunning too.

ramases2112

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
I wonder if we could get a trade for KLove. Im thinking Melo and 2Pat and a future pick for KLove and then the Cavs buyout Melo so they completely tank. I would think they are gonna completely blow that team up in Cleveland now that LeBron is gone. I dunno, its just a thought because I think Melo would waive is NTC so he could be bought out and choose to sign with someone like the Lakers.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I wonder if we could get a trade for KLove. Im thinking Melo and 2Pat and a future pick for KLove and then the Cavs buyout Melo so they completely tank. I would think they are gonna completely blow that team up in Cleveland now that LeBron is gone. I dunno, its just a thought because I think Melo would waive is NTC so he could be bought out and choose to sign with someone like the Lakers.
Won't work.

Love makes $24mill

Melo $28mill

Pat like $8mill or so. Salaries have to match. Throw in Clarkson and we could do it.

Oct 30, 2007
I bet Melo will either be back next year or get bought out. He won't waive his no trade clause unless he's dealt to a contender and I can't see any contenders wanting to take on his bloated salary.

Crazy prediction of the day:
KD is reportedly signing a 2 year deal with a player option after the 1st year. I think there's a chance he'll come back to OKC in the next year or two to try to win a championship with Russ & PG-13. That would be pretty awesome.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I bet Melo will either be back next year or get bought out. He won't waive his no trade clause unless he's dealt to a contender and I can't see any contenders wanting to take on his bloated salary.

Crazy prediction of the day:
KD is reportedly signing a 2 year deal with a player option after the 1st year. I think there's a chance he'll come back to OKC in the next year or two to try to win a championship with Russ & PG-13. That would be pretty awesome.
I don't see that happening, but winning a title trumps all there.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
LO F***ing L Demarcus Cousins signed with the GSW for an MLE of $5.3 mil for a year. This league is a joke if they do not stop this from happening.
They can't stop it. Chris Paul trade to the Lakers was blocked ONLY because the NBA officially owned the Pelicans(Hornets) at the time. Just gonna have to get better.

If it makes you feel better we pay Kyle Singler $4.9mil a year to sit on the bench in a suite and contemplate whatever the hell is in his head.

ramases2112

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
LO F***ing L Demarcus Cousins signed with the GSW for an MLE of $5.3 mil for a year. This league is a joke if they do not stop this from happening.
They can't stop it. Chris Paul trade to the Lakers was blocked ONLY because the NBA officially owned the Pelicans(Hornets) at the time. Just gonna have to get better.

If it makes you feel better we pay Kyle Singler $4.9mil a year to sit on the bench in a suite and contemplate whatever the hell is in his head.
I feel so much better now thanks!

Dec 19, 2012
Cousins signing with GS might be awesome. He has a temper, and so does Draymond. Those two get in a fist fight and Boogie lands one on KD's soft lil cupcake jaw... Everyone wins!