Men's Basketball 2018 PG Courtney Ramey

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
Wish we knew what he is waiting on...he has all his offers and has taken visits and has seen who is going pro etc. I love how the Boone twins narrowed it to 2 teams then picked. No drawn out, leaving teams up in the air delays

Jul 31, 2004
Watauga, TX
Wishful thinking but I have wondered if he wanted to see if Boynton could draw in additional talent. He has seen players leave the program and wanted to see how it might be replaced.

Mar 27, 2008
From Mark Cooper and Cory Evans twitter....

Busy week for top-50 guard Courtney Ramey as in-home visits are set in the coming days with complete staffs on hand:
Today: Texas
Tuesday: Missouri
Wednesday: Louisville

Dec 21, 2008
I saw it posted that they were not "actively" recruiting him last week so they could say his name. Now they are actively recruiting him? Seems a little SABAN-ish!

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Texas is still in play. Missouri is still a possibility, too. If we don’t land him it will be your fault. Can you live with that?
No I cannot. Lol but it won't be my fault. Seems like Missouri still favorite then. I thought the landing a PG would be a no for him there honestly. Perhaps not. Lousuville visit makes no sense. I heard they weren't recruiting him now.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
No I cannot. Lol but it won't be my fault. Seems like Missouri still favorite then. I thought the landing a PG would be a no for him there honestly. Perhaps not. Lousuville visit makes no sense. I heard they weren't recruiting him now.
Louisville said they weren’t recruiting him by name. If he goes there then their comments then become NCAA violations. They are already on major sanctions so I don’t think he will be going there.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
I'm surprised it says he has a visit to Louisville? Are we sure that isnt' a mistake. I could see Texas and Missouri visit today but Louisville visit set for tomorrow seems like it needs to be corrected?? Seems like Louisville visit is an error and old news perhaps?

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
well dang if I was him I wouldn't go there as the hammer will drop and I would think Louisville wouldn't be eligible for post season play for a couple years.

that said, perhaps Ramey doesn't agree and OSU, Louisville and Missouri are still the top 3. Crap, I thought Louisville was out and Missouri was too but I guess not if he is visiting this week.

Dec 21, 2008
I try and analyze recruits decisions when it comes down to a top list. Location isn’t always a deal breaker. But since Ramey is putting LVille (even with their inevitable punishment) as a priority now, there are a couple things I analyze. They have been a top 15 team the past 10yrs on avg (eye test not looking up statistics), many guys to the NBA and they have a young new coach. I think just liken in football we get to the final 3 bc of coaching and facilities and when kids want to become “millionaires” or “live out their dream” out of HS we just haven’t passed that eye test yet. We know most elite recruits’ dream is to be 1 and done and make millions. Besides Smart we don’t have many guys still playing that catch national recruits eyes. Football has Dez and that’s about it also. Blackmon and Randle really really hurt our “get them to the NFL” image in football. Hoping this draft will spring board us

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I try and analyze recruits decisions when it comes down to a top list. Location isn’t always a deal breaker. But since Ramey is putting LVille (even with their inevitable punishment) as a priority now, there are a couple things I analyze. They have been a top 15 team the past 10yrs on avg (eye test not looking up statistics), many guys to the NBA and they have a young new coach. I think just liken in football we get to the final 3 bc of coaching and facilities and when kids want to become “millionaires” or “live out their dream” out of HS we just haven’t passed that eye test yet. We know most elite recruits’ dream is to be 1 and done and make millions. Besides Smart we don’t have many guys still playing that catch national recruits eyes. Football has Dez and that’s about it also. Blackmon and Randle really really hurt our “get them to the NFL” image in football. Hoping this draft will spring board us
It’s Travis Ford’s fault but he’s gone and the program is headed up like a rocket.

Dec 21, 2008
I saw some photos his dad posted online and he reminds me of Lonzo's dad. His AAU team is named after him and he has a very arrogant demeanor. I could be completely wrong, but why not visit all these places over the last month and make a decision? This prolonged process hurts all teams involved minus the one he picks. I am all for taking your time and waiting to see if there will be any FBI ramifications but unless you are doing a prime-time pick up a hat on ESPN, then go visit and pick a team. I think we are out

Jul 2, 2013
I saw some photos his dad posted online and he reminds me of Lonzo's dad. His AAU team is named after him and he has a very arrogant demeanor. I could be completely wrong, but why not visit all these places over the last month and make a decision? This prolonged process hurts all teams involved minus the one he picks. I am all for taking your time and waiting to see if there will be any FBI ramifications but unless you are doing a prime-time pick up a hat on ESPN, then go visit and pick a team. I think we are out
This just has bad written all over it too me. Seems like he only wants Louisville and he's dragging it out forever to see what sanctions they will get. We are the number one team get dragged along. We don't need anymore kids transfering after one season.