2018 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Lab Rat

Hold on while I make a chart
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2012

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
No thanks, I’m still bitter at him for going scoreless against OU in the 2003 NCAA Tournament.* He completely ruined my bracket and I had to listen to my Sooner family members in my tournament pool gloat. :cursing:

* I went backed and looked it up, and his performance was even worse than I recall. As the starting PG: 24 min, 0 points, 0 assists, 2 turnovers, 5 personal fouls. Just awful...
But, he's an alumnus point guard who played overseas and has never been a collegiate coach at any level, he'd be perfect :whistle:

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
No thanks, I’m still bitter at him for going scoreless against OU in the 2003 NCAA Tournament.* He completely ruined my bracket and I had to listen to my Sooner family members in my tournament pool gloat. :cursing:

* I went backed and looked it up, and his performance was even worse than I recall. As the starting PG: 24 min, 0 points, 0 assists, 2 turnovers, 5 personal fouls. Just awful...
Who you talking about? I missed the old posts.

Dec 21, 2008
So we struck out on the #1 PG from DC area. Going to Virginia. I feel like our east coast connections are not going to do us much good? We are competing with teams better than us, most established and closer to home. On to the next one. I have a feeling Ramey is slow playing so he can go to Mizzou. Wants to show off for his hometown area

Jul 7, 2010
Tampa, FL
So we struck out on the #1 PG from DC area. Going to Virginia. I feel like our east coast connections are not going to do us much good? We are competing with teams better than us, most established and closer to home. On to the next one. I have a feeling Ramey is slow playing so he can go to Mizzou. Wants to show off for his hometown area
I agree with you on Ramey. My gut tells me he is pretty much a lock for Missouri. I have no evidence to support that, other than it is just the sense I get about it. I really, REALLY, hope I am wrong. For what it's worth, I thought David McCormack was a lock to OSU - so what do I know?! I'm just a pickle... when I feel like it.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Yes I have to admit I hope the East connections pay off but it seems tough for OSU to get kids from the East coast to come here. That said, we did it back in the day in baseball and have for wrestling. It can be done but seems tougher in basketball. Hope we land Ramey! At least he is a St. Louis kid.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Yes I have to admit I hope the East connections pay off but it seems tough for OSU to get kids from the East coast to come here. That said, we did it back in the day in baseball and have for wrestling. It can be done but seems tougher in basketball. Hope we land Ramey! At least he is a St. Louis kid.
I think the connections will pay off in future classes. Right now I don't think so.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Mark Cooper just posted an update on Mike Cunningham...

With five open scholarships available on its 2018-19 roster, Oklahoma State's coaching staff will be busy this spring.

That includes activity on the graduate transfer market, where the Cowboys appear to have at least one scheduled visitor.

Mike Cunningham, a 6-foot guard who will be eligible immediately as a grad transfer, will visit Oklahoma State April 22, college basketball insider Jon Rothstein reported Tuesday.
Link

Jul 31, 2004
Watauga, TX
Another site is report we are getting two visits from centers. One is a grad transfer with two years left from Samford named Wyatt Walker and the other would be a freshman named Kentrevious Jones. Jones is expected to visit this weekend and Walker is set to visit on the 27th. I hope we can land at least one of these guys along with Ramey.