2018 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 12, 2018
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Looking at the roster for 2018/2019 barring anyone transferring out it appears to me that OSU is at 10 of 13 scholarships. This is assuming that Shine is done and counts Curtis Jones. You would think that there would be a need for 2 more recruits plus a grad transfer. I wonder if after the NIT there will be an increased interest in some of the JuCo recruits available still.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
I really hope Shine stays and we just add two more. Hope Ramey is 1 and that would leave 1 more if Shine decides to come back. I think next year we really need Shine to stay to help buffer and be a solid starter/player.

If not, next year is more of a rebuild than this year. I do hear that Weathers can play point but still we won't have much depth next year.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Without Shine. That means a starter will have to be a new Freshman/JUCO, Averette, or Dziagwa.

In the spring we will have the Indiana SG transfer Curtis Jones available. Not sure how he will fit in at this time.

I think most can agree the other starters are: Sima, McGriff, Waters, Weathers

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Agreed. Good post. It would take pressure off for Shine to stay. If not we agree on top 4 there. Averette can't start because he's a point like Weathers and really IMHO brandon averette is a bench player anyway not starter quality. Not saying he can't become a solid bench player. He is improving some.

Without Shine, that would mean OSU needs Curtis Jones to be a good player. Really we do either way because he would provide punch off the bench at least or starter, if Shine leaves.

If OSU can get Courtney Ramey, my guess is he starts at PG and we move Weathers to SG but hard to say. Either way it would make our team better by quite a bit to get Ramey. If if he's a 6th man his first year worst case.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2013
Agreed. Good post. It would take pressure off for Shine to stay. If not we agree on top 4 there. Averette can't start because he's a point like Weathers and really IMHO brandon averette is a bench player anyway not starter quality. Not saying he can't become a solid bench player. He is improving some.

Without Shine, that would mean OSU needs Curtis Jones to be a good player. Really we do either way because he would provide punch off the bench at least or starter, if Shine leaves.

If OSU can get Courtney Ramey, my guess is he starts at PG and we move Weathers to SG but hard to say. Either way it would make our team better by quite a bit to get Ramey. If if he's a 6th man his first year worst case.
Agreed on the 4. I think there's a huge chance we take 1 or 2 transfers. Boyton doesn't seem like he has backup plans for Ramey. Too me that means hes gonna be all over the transfer market. One grad transfer and then one traditional transfer. Theres is going to be a lot available too. For instance Pitt sucked but there entire team is transferring but two players.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Yeah I agree. Sounds like we get a transfer if we don't get Ramey. Let's hope we do. Gonna have to piecemeal this class if not. Then 2019, see what Boynton can do with full amount of time to recruit and having a year under his belt.

Dec 21, 2008
Any updates on any other prospects besides Ramey? Is Harris just a back up option? I know coach is spending a lot of time on the Tulsa kids here but it would be nice to hear a pistols firing from GIA!

Dec 21, 2008
When will grad transfers elect to sign? Or when can they? In football guys love the twitter announcement of my top 5 etc. in hoops it feels like they lost every team who offers then wait several months then they pick on. Not a lot to hold on to in the twitterverse or many hints

Sep 23, 2010
When will grad transfers elect to sign? Or when can they? In football guys love the twitter announcement of my top 5 etc. in hoops it feels like they lost every team who offers then wait several months then they pick on. Not a lot to hold on to in the twitterverse or many hints
These guys don't sign LOI. They can sign Grant in Aid Forms. But nothing is for sure until they enroll on campus for summer school.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
With Averette out it is even more minutes for Ramey! Need him!
I hear you but Ramey will start if he comes. He is really good. I will say worst case Ramey would have been 6th man. First person off bench and bigtime contributer. He is better than Averette.

I wish Brandon the best. Seems like a great guy and he had his good moments for OSU as a basketball player. Wish him the best in the future in all he does!!

Jul 7, 2010
Saratoga Springs, NY
I hear you but Ramey will start if he comes. He is really good. I will say worst case Ramey would have been 6th man. First person off bench and bigtime contributer. He is better than Averette.

I wish Brandon the best. Seems like a great guy and he had his good moments for OSU as a basketball player. Wish him the best in the future in all he does!!
Right... that was my point. Ramey will start (and would have easily started over Averette) and with Averette gone, he will get even more minutes...