2018 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 2, 2013
Brady Manek is 6'8 200 and he started all season for the poopheads... They think Duncan is very similar to him but better with the ball in his hands. More of a playmaker.

Oct 22, 2015
Tampa
Duncan Demuth averaged 17 pts, 9 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 blocks per game this year. He also shot 39% from 3. He does need to put on weight.
I saw Duncan play this year in a preseason shootout he does have a lot of upside with his skill set, height and length but I wasn't all that impressed to be honest. His team was not that good and I don't think they got out of their district and into post season play. Im just not sure what position he would play, I try to picture him going up against Cam and Cam eating him for lunch. Hopefully I am wrong.

Oct 22, 2015
Tampa
Brady Manek is 6'8 200 and he started all season for the poopheads... They think Duncan is very similar to him but better with the ball in his hands. More of a playmaker.
I would love for him to turn out like a Brady Manek and maybe he will. I'm pretty hard on prospects when it comes to judging talent so maybe I am being to hard on him. Just wasn't that impressed when I saw him play this past year.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
I saw Duncan play this year in a preseason shootout he does have a lot of upside with his skill set, height and length but I wasn't all that impressed to be honest. His team was not that good and I don't think they got out of their district and into post season play. Im just not sure what position he would play, I try to picture him going up against Cam and Cam eating him for lunch. Hopefully I am wrong.
Brady played for freaking Harrah.. I hear you but chill.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Any 6'8" high school kid that can grab a defensive rebound and take it down court for a layup is plenty impressive.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Any 6'8" high school kid that can grab a defensive rebound and take it down court for a layup is plenty impressive.
This. I like the Demuth kid. I've said I've thought he is most ready as far as the forwards go. I'm hoping the big 6'10 guy surprises and can give us some good minutes but this is a really good class.

Dec 21, 2008
He reminds me of a taller Lindy. Rangy, athletic, can shoot and rebound. He will improve and tighten up his ballhandling, just like most college level players tend to do. No one has said much about his intangibles. Rated pretty high on a national level. I just wish people would not hold these teens to a "Kevin Durant" or "Steph Curry" level and just appreciate their strengths. They are teenagers and are still going to prom. They have tons of time to develop

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
I agree. I think it's fine to discuss some strengths and weaknesses that's what we are hear for to talk but I personally think Demuth can develop into a good college basketball player.
I really like this class overall. In years past I thought we got too many small guards. that's not a recipe for success and that and not enough guys 6'7 to 6'9. this class does that.

I like it!

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
I also think there is a misconception out there of fans that all players need to have alot of weight and size. this is still basketball. The average Small forward at the NBA level is 6'8 223 lbs. that isn't much weight. Basketball players on average are thin. Of course there are exceptions like LeBron but part of the reason LeBron sticks out is that basketball players are thin. Of course that is simplifying it but you get my point. Marcus Smart is a thick point guard that is a bit unusual as well.

Look at Tatum and other kid who is killing it along with Smart- they are really thin guys. It's overdone about weight. I agree that Demuth will need to gain strength but still.

Oct 22, 2015
Tampa
I also think there is a misconception out there of fans that all players need to have alot of weight and size. this is still basketball. The average Small forward at the NBA level is 6'8 223 lbs. that isn't much weight. Basketball players on average are thin. Of course there are exceptions like LeBron but part of the reason LeBron sticks out is that basketball players are thin. Of course that is simplifying it but you get my point. Marcus Smart is a thick point guard that is a bit unusual as well.

Look at Tatum and other kid who is killing it along with Smart- they are really thin guys. It's overdone about weight. I agree that Demuth will need to gain strength but still.
I wouldn't go to say Smart is thin. Guys built like a linebacker. I think Duncan could turn into great college player I just think a redshirt year would do wonders for him. I kind of wish we redshirted Dziagwa because I see them in the same boat. Not laterally quick enough to guard smaller quicker guards and not strong enough to guard the bigger guys. Hope I am wrong and he has great freshman year.

I also would say he is no where near the similar player to Lindy. Lindy is a full on guard Duncan is not a guard.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
I wouldn't go to say Smart is thin. Guys built like a linebacker. I think Duncan could turn into great college player I just think a redshirt year would do wonders for him. I kind of wish we redshirted Dziagwa because I see them in the same boat. Not laterally quick enough to guard smaller quicker guards and not strong enough to guard the bigger guys. Hope I am wrong and he has great freshman year.

I also would say he is no where near the similar player to Lindy. Lindy is a full on guard Duncan is not a guard.
Did you read what I wrote. I said I wouldn't say Smart is thin. He is thick as crap. So is Lebron. My whole point is those guys are more exceptions to the rule.

Oct 22, 2015
Tampa
Did you read what I wrote. I said I wouldn't say Smart is thin. He is thick as crap. So is Lebron. My whole point is those guys are more exceptions to the rule.
Must have miss read the -"Look at Tatum and other kid who is killing it along with Smart- they are really thin guys"
Looked like you where including Smart. I hope Duncan suprises me his first year just not sure where he is going to get the minutes.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
“Look at Tatum and other kid who is killing it along with Smart- they are really thin guys.”