2018 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 2, 2013
Boynton has said he wanted to leave 1 open for a mid-season guy. From what I understand from the coaching staff they feel are pretty much done. That could change, buts thats what I have gotten recently.
We would have to wash someone to make that possible, which could happen no doubt and might. We are full for 19-20. So taking a transfer with current roster means someone has to transfer at seasons end.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Boynton has said he wanted to leave 1 open for a mid-season guy. From what I understand from the coaching staff they feel are pretty much done. That could change, buts thats what I have gotten recently.
We would have to wash someone to make that possible, which could happen no doubt and might. We are full for 19-20. So taking a transfer with current roster means someone has to transfer at seasons end.
In today’s game it’s something you have to think of all the time. Transfers happen at every school. Look at Shine and Averette Nobody saw them leaving. You have to be prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
It's simple. We are full unless we get a super senior. I would imagine we will take a big guy who will be a senior. Otherwise we are full.

We have 1 scholly but signed Boone twins for 2019. Gotta get a senior if we fill that spot.

Sep 23, 2010
It's simple. We are full unless we get a super senior. I would imagine we will take a big guy who will be a senior. Otherwise we are full.

We have 1 scholly but signed Boone twins for 2019. Gotta get a senior if we fill that spot.
We take someone if they are a top 7 player in our rotation. Obviously, that’s easier to accomplish at the 5 with our inexperience there. But if we could get a big wing that could help us play more small ball, we could do that as well. The guy who needs to start helping us is Lucas. If he can’t help us this year, then we need to let these young guys get the minutes over him.

ramases2112

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Why does everyone think the K. Jones is going to start at center. Imo he looks like he needs to lose 30 pounds before he can even see extensive time on the court. He has skill with his back to the basket game but he is really really overweight for college bball. Hopefully he puts in the work in the offseason but imo Anei should be starting even though he is a project.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Why does everyone think the K. Jones is going to start at center. Imo he looks like he needs to lose 30 pounds before he can even see extensive time on the court. He has skill with his back to the basket game but he is really really overweight for college bball. Hopefully he puts in the work in the offseason but imo Anei should be starting even though he is a project.

Id be surprised if Anei is ready to start either. I'd say Demuth might be most ready but he's a 4 right now really.

POPOKE

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina

I think that it has to do with he's a year older than most freshman since he went to prep school. He appears to have significantly more strength than the other other two true centers (N'Guessan and Anei). He can also knock down the mid range jumper based on his videos. And it's likely he drops at least some of the weight before the season, I wouldn't be surprised if he drops at least 10-15 pounds between now and when games start. I've heard people compare his game to Daniel Gibson from K-State a few years ago. With all that said, I'm on record saying N'Guessan plays more minutes compared to last year, we'll see though. N'Guessan isn't terrible finishing at the rim and can he can at least challenge shots at the rim, he just hasn't gained the strength needed to play in the big 12 and he's super foul prone. Why do you think Anei should start over or play more than the other two?

ramases2112

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com

I think that it has to do with he's a year older than most freshman since he went to prep school. He appears to have significantly more strength than the other other two true centers (N'Guessan and Anei). He can also knock down the mid range jumper based on his videos. And it's likely he drops at least some of the weight before the season, I wouldn't be surprised if he drops at least 10-15 pounds between now and when games start. I've heard people compare his game to Daniel Gibson from K-State a few years ago. With all that said, I'm on record saying N'Guessan plays more minutes compared to last year, we'll see though. N'Guessan isn't terrible finishing at the rim and can he can at least challenge shots at the rim, he just hasn't gained the strength needed to play in the big 12 and he's super foul prone. Why do you think Anei should start over or play more than the other two?
Just out of necessity tbh. I don't think K. Jones will be able to play more than 10 to 15 a game due to cardio and physical limitations due to being overweight and I just don't think Lucas is good enough nor strong enough to hold his own underneath. That just leaves Anei. He is obviously a project but I think this staff is pretty good at developing big men.

Oct 22, 2015
Tampa
I'm guessing none of you have seen Duncan play in person. He is 190 pounds soaking wet. What position would he play. He cant guard big12 3s right now and is way to skinny to guard 4s. From what I have heard around the team is they expect Anei to come in and make the biggest impact right away. Can alter shots and has good size to him.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Yes I know he's thin. Just think he could help at the 4 some. 5 of course not. He's not a 5. Just thinking we might have to play some smaller ball. At least have have some 6'7 6'8 guys. It's more common now.

You dont' always have to have a 5. Give time for the big 6'10 freshman to adjust to Big 12. Anei, I hope you are correct. He just didn't seem ready to play 5 at Big 12, so I see us going with a smaller type lineup alot.

Nothing wrong with that. If you can play at 6'7 and shorter you can play. 2004 and 2005- Ivan was our big at 6'7. It's possible with good players around them.

Jul 2, 2013
I'm guessing none of you have seen Duncan play in person. He is 190 pounds soaking wet. What position would he play. He cant guard big12 3s right now and is way to skinny to guard 4s. From what I have heard around the team is they expect Anei to come in and make the biggest impact right away. Can alter shots and has good size to him.
I'm not as connected as I use to be but from the very few conversations I have had. He has been brought up several times. Also several publications have him as a steal.

"In all, OK State has still been able to grab two intriguing frontcourt options this fall in
Yor Anei and Duncan DeMuth. The latter could turn into a building block for the Cowboys."

"Oklahoma State faces some needs in the frontcourt, but Mike Boynton may have found the replacement for outgoing senior Jeffrey Carroll in Florida native DeMuth, a perimeter-based power forward that can shoot, pass and rebound."

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
I'm not as connected as I use to be but from the very few conversations I have had. He has been brought up several times. Also several publications have him as a steal.

"In all, OK State has still been able to grab two intriguing frontcourt options this fall in
Yor Anei and Duncan DeMuth. The latter could turn into a building block for the Cowboys."

"Oklahoma State faces some needs in the frontcourt, but Mike Boynton may have found the replacement for outgoing senior Jeffrey Carroll in Florida native DeMuth, a perimeter-based power forward that can shoot, pass and rebound."
Duncan Demuth averaged 17 pts, 9 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 blocks per game this year. He also shot 39% from 3. He does need to put on weight.