2018 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
Weathers, by all filtered down evaluations from our coaching staff, was very impressive this year in practice. Hopefully Jones, Cunningham and Likekele have playmaking abilities as well. Our team played well together, but we struggled with guys who can make plays one on one.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Weathers can ball. If I had to guess our starting lineup next year I'd say this:

1. Cunningham- PG
2. Weathers - SG
3. Waters
4. Cam McGriff
5. Kentrevious Jones

Bench: 1. Curtis Jones -he might start in Big 12 play 2. Demuth 3. Dziagwa 4. Likele 5. Callo 6. Anei

POPOKE

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
Weathers can ball. If I had to guess our starting lineup next year I'd say this:

1. Cunningham- PG
2. Weathers - SG
3. Waters
4. Cam McGriff
5. Kentrevious Jones

Bench: 1. Curtis Jones -he might start in Big 12 play 2. Demuth 3. Dziagwa 4. Likele 5. Callo 6. Anei
Curtis Jones will not start for this team. He simply wasn't even close to good enough at Indiana for you to make that assumption. And Likekele could start by conference play at the point over Cunningham.

POPOKE

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
My guesses for the lineup by Big 12 play.

PGA: Likekele
PGB: Weathers
SF: Waters
PF: McGriff
C: K Jones

Likekele and Weathers can both play off the ball, so they may be able to play together. Both are reported to be above average defensively, and that’s what will likely get minutes. Waters and McGriff are no brainers. K Jones gets the nod due to his size and the fact that his prep school year was basically a redshirt year.

Off the bench Cunningham should be the first guard and Calloo should be the first big. After that, Dizzy and CuJo will fight for minutes, N’Guessan plays when there’s foul trouble or mop up minutes. I’d guess DeMuth plays some, especially in the non-conference and Anei redshirts.

Jul 2, 2013
My guesses for the lineup by Big 12 play.

PGA: Likekele
PGB: Weathers
SF: Waters
PF: McGriff
C: K Jones

1. Cunningham- PG
2. Weathers - SG
3. Waters
4. Cam McGriff
5. Kentrevious Jones

Game One lineup almost certainly will be the second one, little different configuration.
PG-Weathers at the one though
SG- Cunningham
Sf-Waters
PF- McGriff
C- Jones But I think theres a good chance we go small ball a lot and play Demuth/Callo with Mcgriff at the 5.

Jul 2, 2013
https://twitter.com/NathanSRuiz/status/994753175516311552?s=19

Also I heard that before it was reported.
I have heard exactly the opposite from a very good source. Plus why leave a spot if someone comes available. Its an if game certainly but makes no sense with the lack of experience we have at the 5.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
I have heard exactly the opposite from a very good source. Plus why leave a spot if someone comes available. Its an if game certainly but makes no sense with the lack of experience we have at the 5.
Boynton has said he wanted to leave 1 open for a mid-season guy. From what I understand from the coaching staff they feel are pretty much done. That could change, buts thats what I have gotten recently.