2018 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 6, 2007
Jackson Hole, WY
Syracuse.com just wrote that Robert Braswell, 6' 9" mobile F, narrowed his list down to 3.....Syracuse, UMass and oSu (who was 1st to offer last December). He has visited UMass and will visit Syracuse shortly.

Jul 2, 2013
Hadn't seen this posted, yet. We made the top Five for 2019-20 Tyrese Maxey he's a five star. He is deciding May 9th. Now the interesting parts. He is close friends with Isaac Likekele who is visiting this weekend.

Next interesting note. This is a quote from another article. "there has been talks that he could reclassify to the 2018 class. According to Prep Circuit's Pat Lawless, Maxey could make his decision to reclassify soon.
“As far as me reclassifying or not is starting to come to an end and I’ll have a definite decision on what I want to do soon,” Maxey told Lawless. “Recruiting wise I’m taking my time and making sure I make the right decision for me and my family. We have just been discussing it every day going through all of my options.”

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
Hadn't seen this posted, yet. We made the top Five for 2019-20 Tyrese Maxey he's a five star. He is deciding May 9th. Now the interesting parts. He is close friends with Isaac Likekele who is visiting this weekend.

Next interesting note. This is a quote from another article. "there has been talks that he could reclassify to the 2018 class. According to Prep Circuit's Pat Lawless, Maxey could make his decision to reclassify soon.
“As far as me reclassifying or not is starting to come to an end and I’ll have a definite decision on what I want to do soon,” Maxey told Lawless. “Recruiting wise I’m taking my time and making sure I make the right decision for me and my family. We have just been discussing it every day going through all of my options.”
1525403077139.png

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
Well Smart, Markel and Evans and James Anderson and LeBryan Nash is doing well for himself. We have a few overseas that have done pretty dang well too.
Overseas vs the NBA. I would venture to say that Davis by himself makes more than all of those guys combined. I would love for us to get this guy and I think Boynton is just getting started.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
James Anderson was in the NBA for about 5 years. He bounced around between Spurs and 76ers. Nash is now with the Houston Rockets on the bench. Jawun Evans and Marcus Smart and Markel Brown. It's not too shabby but not like Kentucky haha.

OSU has great success at PG recently though.

Jan 20, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
Kentucky has made like 30 guys multi millionaires in the last decade. We have Smart & maybe Markel?
I'm pretty sure I could've made most of those guys millions. If it weren't for the stupid one year out of HS rule, most of them would've skipped it altogether and the college game would be better for it. That rule is nothing better than a free talent evaluator for the NBA and IMO really hurts what used to be great about college ball. Watching Calipari rotate in complete lineups of 5 guys is like watching an all star game. Take a look at his ROI year in year out and it's not all that impressive if you believe the star level of the recruiting classes he gets.....every single year.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Go back to the play 3 years in college rule. It was good enough for Jordan. And then teams like Duke and KY can't one and done the best talent every year. More teams get talent because they don't want to ride the pine for two years before they get their chance

Jan 20, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
Go back to the play 3 years in college rule. It was good enough for Jordan. And then teams like Duke and KY can't one and done the best talent every year. More teams get talent because they don't want to ride the pine for two years before they get their chance
Nailed it. But also, let the kids that are good enough to go pro immediately, do so and get paid for it. The NBA certainly isn't struggling financially.