2018 Bracketology Tracker

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 23, 2005
I think OSU’s 96/RPI is misleading. It’s like we are being penalized for “bad wins”. I understand that Pepperdine, Charlotte, Houston Baptist and MVSU have had terrible seasons, but we still beat them, as expected. I think our “good wins”, against higher ranked teams we weren’t expected to beat, especially at KU and WVU, are being devalued by the “bad wins” on our resume.

Aug 21, 2009
Edmond
I don't necessarily want Boyton fired but I do think we have the weakest coach in the Big 12 and that isn't good. There is no doubt that our point guard play is a BIG problem. Smith took a shot in the Tech game with around 3-4 minutes left, early in the shot clock with us up 9 or so, from just inside the 3 point line, at the top of the key and he wasn't even very open. You just can't have that, those seconds matter and bad decisions lose games. I honestly don't like any shot from just inside the 3 point line but that's just me.

I like Boyton but I just don't know if we can wait for him to grow into a big time coach in the Big 12. The only way I think it will work out is if he is a hell of a recruiter and finding that out is more waiting. The worst part about waiting is if he fails big time our program will be in even more of a hole if that is possible considering the crowds at GIA.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
I don't necessarily want Boyton fired but I do think we have the weakest coach in the Big 12 and that isn't good. There is no doubt that our point guard play is a BIG problem. Smith took a shot in the Tech game with around 3-4 minutes left, early in the shot clock with us up 9 or so, from just inside the 3 point line, at the top of the key and he wasn't even very open. You just can't have that, those seconds matter and bad decisions lose games. I honestly don't like any shot from just inside the 3 point line but that's just me.

I like Boyton but I just don't know if we can wait for him to grow into a big time coach in the Big 12. The only way I think it will work out is if he is a hell of a recruiter and finding that out is more waiting. The worst part about waiting is if he fails big time our program will be in even more of a hole if that is possible considering the crowds at GIA.
“I told him he’s doing a heck of a job,” said Huggins of Boynton. “I watch them on tape and they’re good.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007

Has anyone pointed out to you that your incessant drivel of negative diatribe against Boynton is beginning to sound like he stole your lunch money once? He is doing just fine in a big time league. Your lack of support is duly noted.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
I don't necessarily want okierock banned but I do think he/she is one of the weakest posters on OP and that isn't good. There is no doubt that his/her constant whining about HCMB is a BIG problem. okierock took an unnecessary shot at HCMB immediately following the TT win, predictably within hours of the victory, and he/she didn’t even try to hide his irritation with HCMB, you just can't have that, those diatribes matter and they cause people to ignore this forum. I honestly don't like any illegitimate shot being taken at a coach or player, but that's just me.
I like okierock but I just don't know if we can wait for him/her to grow out of his/her love for Doug and hatred for ADMH. The only way I think it will work out is if he/she is a hell of a learner and can grow out of it and finding that out is more waiting. The worst part about waiting is if he/she fails big time this board will lose even more posters and be in even more of a hole if that is possible considering the lack of posts recently.
:innocent:;)

Last edited:

POPOKE

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina

Didn’t Smith make the shot you’re referencing?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Wow, somebody poured your half empty glass of milk on the floor huh? Consistency is a problem, for the players. You are assigning way too much blame to the coach

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2009
Edmond
Didn’t Smith make the shot you’re referencing?

He did... I still think it was a bad decision but yes, it was a NO!!! YES!!! moment on the couch.

I'm glad everyone is happy with our performance in bball this season. Consistency is IMO is definitely on the coach, a player can be inconsistent but a team that is inconsistent is on the coach.

I do like the Huggins comment though, what is he supposed to say... "they kicked our butts at home but they really suck and the coach sucks"?

Nobody can say that we haven't had some great games and big wins, which shows the talent level and potential that we have but the inconsistency is IMO on the coach. Let's hope we can win two games in a row this weekend.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
I don't necessarily want okierock banned but I do think he/she is one of the weakest posters on OP and that isn't good. There is no doubt that his/her constant whining about HCMB is a BIG problem. okierock took an unnecessary shot at HCMB immediately following the TT win, predictably within hours of the victory, and he/she didn’t even try to hide his irritation with HCMB, you just can't have that, those diatribes matter and they cause people to ignore this forum. I honestly don't like any illegitimate shot being taken at a coach or player, but that's just me.
I like okierock but I just don't know if we can wait for him/her to grow out of his/her love for Doug and hatred for ADMH. The only way I think it will work out is if he/she is a hell of a learner and can grow out of it and finding that out is more waiting. The worst part about waiting is if he/she fails big time this board will lose even more posters and be in even more of a hole if that is possible considering the lack of posts recently.
:innocent:;)
But, you have to admit, okierock is consistent...

Oct 30, 2007
Chris Beard went 6-12 in his first season in the Big 12. I wonder if Tech fans were second-guessing him a year ago?
If you think Chris Beard and Coach Boyton are the same you may need to educate yourself on who Chris Beard is. Coach Boyton is in over his head against some of the best of the best in college basketball coaching. Chris Beard is not....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Beard_(basketball)

Overall 132–48 (.733) NCAA
44–18 (.710) Junior College
Tournaments
1–1 (NCAA Division I)
2–1 (NCAA Division II)
Boynton did pretty well in Lawrence and Morgantown. Does he have room for improvement? Of course he does. However, saying he is in over his head is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
We looked good for a bit but, as we approach where we were preseason projected to finish, it's looking more and more like those were fluke wins instead of a sustainable trend.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
What were you saying about fluke wins? He has wins against the top three teams in the conference.
Beating Tech in a confident way does make things feel less fluky...but if we turn around and get embarrassed by Texas then we will continue to feel unreliable.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
Tx is a bad match up for us especially with big12 refs allowing mo bombo (sp?) to slap, crawl over our backs and push those blocking out while calling fouls on us.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
He did... I still think it was a bad decision but yes, it was a NO!!! YES!!! moment on the couch.

I'm glad everyone is happy with our performance in bball this season. Consistency is IMO is definitely on the coach, a player can be inconsistent but a team that is inconsistent is on the coach.

I do like the Huggins comment though, what is he supposed to say... "they kicked our butts at home but they really suck and the coach sucks"?

Nobody can say that we haven't had some great games and big wins, which shows the talent level and potential that we have but the inconsistency is IMO on the coach. Let's hope we can win two games in a row this weekend.
Okie. The Huggie Bear quote was from the game WVa WON in Stillwater. Not the loss. So he did not HAVE to say anything.

Oct 30, 2007

“I told him he’s doing a heck of a job,” said Huggins of Boynton. “I watch them on tape and they’re good.
Hmmmmm, hall of fame coach or okierock? Yep, I will take the HoFer opinion and Boynton as my coach, hopefully for a long time.

ksupoke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
Has Lon Kruger done a better job than Boynton this season?
I'd say, given all the circumstances surrounding, Boynton has stood up to any coach in the b10 except Webber & Beard this season. They still have some games and that could change but right now if you ranked the job the b10 coaches have done "this season' with what they've had to work with and including the specter of the fed probe, IMO he's #3 does that mean he's the 3rd best coach in the league, no, it means what it says, taking everything into consideration he's done the 3rd (arguably 2nd) best job in the league.

Lab Rat

Hold on while I make a chart
Jan 5, 2012
I'd say, given all the circumstances surrounding, Boynton has stood up to any coach in the b10 except Webber & Beard this season. They still have some games and that could change but right now if you ranked the job the b10 coaches have done "this season' with what they've had to work with and including the specter of the fed probe, IMO he's #3 does that mean he's the 3rd best coach in the league, no, it means what it says, taking everything into consideration he's done the 3rd (arguably 2nd) best job in the league.
Your analysis is right in line with how well those coaches have performed relative to the preseason predictions. KSU's winning percentage is currently 21% higher than the preseason prediction. TTU's is 16.7% higher and OSU's is 12.2% higher. These are the only three Big 12 schools that have already exceeded their predicted conference win totals.
1519430147560.png

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
b10????

ksupoke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
Your analysis is right in line with how well those coaches have performed relative to the preseason predictions. KSU's winning percentage is currently 21% higher than the preseason prediction. TTU's is 16.7% higher and OSU's is 12.2% higher. These are the only three Big 12 schools that have already exceeded their predicted conference win totals.
View attachment 59100
images.png