2018 Bracketology Tracker

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
Caught the first couple for the new year. Seeing as the Pokes will probably be a bubble team at best due to the ridiculous strength of the B12, thought a running thread to keep track OSU, B12 and other teams we have played might be worthwhile.

Lunardi/ESPN (1/4)
OSU - Not listed at all
WVU - 2 seed (even)
OU - 2 seed (up)
KU - 3 seed (even)
TCU - 4 seed (even)
TTU - 5 seed (up)
UT - 8 seed (even)
BU - 11 seed (play-in)

WSU - 3 seed (even)
TAMU - 4 seed (down)
FSU - 7 seed (down)
Tulsa - 12 seed (up)

Palm/CBS (1/5)
OSU - "Second Four Out"
OU - 1 seed (up)
WVU - 2 seed (up)
TTU - 2 seed (up)
TCU - 3 seed (down)
KU - 6 seed (down)
UT - 7 seed (even)
BU - Not listed at all

WSU - 3 seed (up)
TAMU - 5 seed (down)
FSU - 5 seed (down)
Tulsa - Not listed at all

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
I'm not sure what will happen, but watching how this team plays, we are a tournament team. The four teams that we have lost to are ranked 11th or higher. We've lost to no one we shouldn't and we have beat teams who were favored over us.

Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
How often has a team from the big 12 made the dance with a sub 500 conference record?

If this team hits 500 in conference play I will be thoroughly impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 2, 2011
With our schedule we won't really have any bad losses
The issue will be will we have enough wins?

I think 20 is the magic number with this conference....not sure 19 would get you in

wook

Deputy
Jun 23, 2005
In order for us to make the tourney, we will need to win 7 more games imo
I tend to agree, I think an 18 win Big 12 team will get in. Problem is you will be on the bubble and sweating bullets, which will suck. The next three games @ KSU, Texas and @ Baylor are huge. Winning 2 of 3 is really a must.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I tend to agree, I think an 18 win Big 12 team will get in. Problem is you will be on the bubble and sweating bullets, which will suck. The next three games @ KSU, Texas and @ Baylor are huge. Winning 2 of 3 is really a must.
9-9 in conference and you're guaranteed. 8-10 like you say you're sweating bullets. If this team gets 8 more win Boynton is Coach of the Year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
All very winnable... we'll need to sweep those 3 and win @ ISU... beating UA would be huge for Boynton also. Steal another one on the road against the top half, we're in. Tough to ask of that though... especially with limited depth we have at this point.

Pokes28

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 26, 2003
Carl Junction, MO
facebook.com
I'm actually pretty impressed with the depth this team has. For the first time in seemingly forever we actually have more than one big man. As Sima gets more playing time, his game will improve. The way we play, we can almost interchange the 2,3,and 4 spots and we play a lot of guys there.

Aug 16, 2012
January 11-12

Lunardi (ESPN)

Oklahoma State - Not listed
West Virginia - 1 seed (up)
Oklahoma - 2 seed (same)
Kansas - 3 seed (same)
Texas Tech - 4 seed (up)
Texas Christian - 6 seed (down)
Texas - 9 seed (down)
Baylor - 11 seed (play-in game)
Wichita State - 2 seed (up)
Texas A&M - 7 seed (down)
Florida State - 8 seed (down)
Oral Roberts - 16 seed (play-in game)
Tulsa - Not listed

Palm (CBS)

West Virginia - 1 seed (up)
Oklahoma - 1 seed (same)
Texas Tech - 2 seed (same)
Kansas - 3 seed (up)
Texas Christian - 6 seed (down)
Texas - 7 seed (same)
Baylor - Not listed
Wichita State - 2 seed (up)
Florida State - 9 seed (down)
Texas A&M - Not listed (down)
Oral Roberts - Not listed
Tulsa - Not listed

Win tonight should give some consideration to at least the play-in or low seed as these come out the day before Saturday games. A win Saturday would be HUUUUGE.

OOC teams are not helping. Palm has dropped TAMU completely out (listed as first four out in today's update) and with the exception of Wichita State, the other teams continue to fall. Would really help if Leonard would get FSU back on track. They have lost three since we beat them and struggled against a very average Syracuse team. ORU moving into Palm's bracket Friday is a mystery. They are 3-2 in conference and 7-13 overall, that being said, they did not last long as they are not listed in his Monday update.

Aug 16, 2012
The official brackets come out Thursday and Friday. Was going to post that later tonight/tomorrow since at the time (Th/Fr) our last game was a bad beat at lowly Baylor so I really did not anticipate any movement at all. With Saturday's game, Lunardi's daily update may show something good re: OSU but have not looked yet.

Aug 16, 2012
January 18-19

Lunardi (ESPN)

Oklahoma State - Not listed (remember, these come out Thurs/Friday so Saturday's game is not considered)
West Virginia - 3 seed (down from a 1)
Oklahoma - 2 seed (same)
Kansas - 2 seed (up from a 3)
Texas Tech - 3 seed (Says down, but they were a 4-seed last week)
Texas Christian - 6 seed (same)
Texas - 8 seed (up from a 9)
Baylor - First Four Out
Kansas State - Next Four Out (first time being noted in the poll)
Wichita State - 3 seed (down from a 2)
Texas A&M - 9 seed (their freefall continues, down from a 7)
Florida State - 9 seed (in freefall mode also, down from an 8)
Oral Roberts - Not listed. I think last week they somehow anticipated them getting an auto bid which has been realized to be a foolish presumption.
Tulsa - Not listed

Palm (CBS)

West Virginia - 3 seed (down from a 1)
Oklahoma - 2 seed (down from a 1)
Texas Tech - 2 seed (same)
Kansas - 2 seed (up from a 3)
Texas Christian - 7 seed (down from a 6)
Texas - 8 seed (down from a 7)
Baylor - Not listed (same)
Wichita State - 5 seed (down from a 2)
Florida State - 9 seed (same)
Texas A&M - 11 seed (up from "Not Listed")
Oral Roberts - Not listed
Tulsa - Not listed

Whole lotta "down" this week. (Not to be confused with Taco Bueno's Wholotta Platter which is easily a 3-seed in my book).

Curious to see how things shake out in the next installment. Yeah, we just beat the #4 team, but if we get waxed in Tacoville (tacos seem to be a theme tonight), we may not see any movement at all. On the other hand, should we beat the taco benders (there it is again), I would not be surprised to see a jump to at least an 8.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Boynton said it in the post Bedlam press conference and I agree with him; all ten teams in this league are legitimate tourney quality teams. Obviously, all ten can't make it as some teams will get enough losses in conference to be left out, but for only 6 teams to get in, according to ESPN and CBS, seems low. Obviously depending on what happens in the conference tourneys and if there are any surprises, I don't think it's impossible for at least the top 8 teams to be in consideration on selection Sunday. We need to continue winning at home and we have got to pick up a couple of road wins somewhere along the way.

Jun 23, 2009
New York
I guess I just don't get it, I'm not saying we are a great team or even a really good team......but we are a tournament team no doubt in my mind and I don't see how we aren't even on the bubble with playing in the Big 12 and wins already over Oklahoma & Florida State. If this team keeps improving we are going to be a dangerous high seed

Aug 16, 2012
January 25-26

Lunardi (ESPN)

West Virginia - 3 seed (same)
Oklahoma - 3 seed (down from a 2 but shows steady)
Kansas - 2 seed (same)
Texas Tech - 4 seed (Says steady, but they were a 3-seed last week)
Texas Christian - 7 seed (says steady but down from a 6)
Texas - 9 seed (says steady but down from an 8)
Baylor - Next Four Out (down from First Four Out)
Kansas State - 12 Play-in game (Up from Next Four Out)
Wichita State - 5 seed (down from a 3)
Texas A&M - 10 seed (down from a 9)
Florida State - 8 seed (says steady but up from a 9)

Palm (CBS)

West Virginia - 3 seed (same)
Oklahoma - 2 seed (same)
Texas Tech - 4 seed (down from a 2)
Kansas - 2 seed (same)
Texas Christian - 7 seed (same)
Texas - 11 seed (down from an 8)
Baylor - Not listed (same)
Wichita State - 7 seed (down from a 5)
Florida State - 7 seed (up from a 9)
Texas A&M - 12 seed and Last Four In (down from 11)

These guys are updating brackets bi-weekly if not daily now. As a result, movement of some teams is not reflected the same. That being said, I noted almost 3/4 of the seeds showed no movement.

We are still not in the mix. Losing to Baylor ruined a great chance to get in the discussion following the OU win. Not sure why OU did not fall as they lost 3 of 5 over the past two weeks so I guess beating KU trumps losing three other times.

A lot of work to do.