2018-19 OSU Cowboys Wrestling Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Coach Smith was pissed about something and got a team point deducted. 21 to 0 now. Not sure what he was so upset about. Something about too much time between matches or something along those lines.
At a certain point you have to wonder if John isn’t just trying to see how many penalty points he can get this year...

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Was Joe Smith even at the dual? I did not even see him sitting with the other wrestlers on the bench or walking around near the team bench.
That's something I've noticed about Joe... Doesn't really hang around until it's time for him to be on the mat. Probably just his style of leadership...

I'm sure he just sat out for rest.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
In the Baseball thread, there is a link to a Tulsa World article regarding Holder and his work in getting funding for the new baseball stadium.

Near the end of the article, the writer (Bill Haisten) mentions the next Holder project is securing money for a new Cowboy Wrestling facility.

Does anyone have more info? Like do they only plan to gut the current lockerroom, lounge, and practice room and completely re-do that area?
Or maybe build a new addition (maybe connected to the north side of the current building) and yet still use the current space. ???????????? Just wondering.

Last edited:

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
In the Baseball thread, there is a link to a Tulsa World article regarding Holder and his work in getting funding for the new baseball stadium.

Near the end of the article, the writer (Bill Haisten) mentions the next Holder project is securing money for a new Cowboy Wrestling facility.

Does anyone have more info? Like do they only plan to gut the current lockerroom, lounge, and practice room and completely re-do that area?
Or maybe build a new addition (maybe connected to the north side of the current building) and yet still use the current space. ???????????? Just wondering.
From what Seth has put out there it sounds like they want to build a stand alone facility that is connected to the Hall of Fame in some capacity so that we can have a true Olympic training center and wrestling only facilities.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Last night, the dual started at 165 pounds. Who decides and how is it decided what weight the dual will start at? Just curious because I have absolutely no idea.
I think usually the coaches just agree to start at 125 but sometimes they'll do a random pick... I think it's kind of like drawing straws

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
I have spent the last hour with google. Could not find anything. Then found a Wikipedia site......then found this in the "Dual Meets" section: (copied and pasted below)

The order the matches occur in is determined after the weigh-ins either by a mutual decision of the coaches or by a random draw choosing a particular weight class to be featured first. In either case, the succeeding wrestling matches will follow in sequence. For example, if the 157 lb weight class competes first, the succeeding wrestling matches will follow until the heavyweight class. Then, beginning at 125 lb, the rest of the matches will follow until the 149 lb match.[13]

Here is the page link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collegiate_wrestling