2017 Trail Cam Pics...whats walking in your woods?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PokealypseNow

You Can Dere-Lick My Footballs, Cap-E-Tan
Oct 15, 2008
Gundy's Rattlesnake Hunting Lease
In Feb 2016 I was letting my dogs out in Owasso. Our housing community backs up to 80 acres of undeveloped land with a big pond on it and most of it is wooded area.
Several other people around Owasso have reported seeing a big Cat. So I know there is one roaming around the Owasso area
I'm curious - where abouts Owasso?

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
They are around and always have been.
I don’t know about the “always have been” part. My dad was born in 1910. We were together when we both saw our first deer in the wild in Creek County in 1965. He saw his first mountain lion in 1968. He lived in a rural area his entire life and farmed and ranched so he was outdoors most of the time. The only ticks we had were the big dog ticks. Now we have a lot of deer and a lot of ticks. They came here together, IMO. We see a mountain lion a couple of times a year now.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Let's see the deer! I was out yesterday too before the game and then back out after the game had to nice bucks out last night but never got into bow range. Should have taken my muzzleloader!
It was just a little six point. Had a buddy begging me to shoot one for him. He needs the meat.

I'm not seeing as many does as usual this year so didn't want to bust a doe.

I've only had one shooter on my trail cams. He's not bad but not great.
00000469[1].JPG

Aug 14, 2005
Edmond Oklahoma
It was just a little six point. Had a buddy begging me to shoot one for him. He needs the meat.

I'm not seeing as many does as usual this year so didn't want to bust a doe.

I've only had one shooter on my trail cams. He's not bad but not great. View attachment 57154

Ive got does coming out my ears on our property. I could get your buddy a truck load or them.

Nov 4, 2016
Oklahoma
Holy Smokes. Nice group.
I've been hunting the big 8 in those pics pretty hard. I've passed up a few other bucks and several does. He's been hard to get a pattern on. I've changed blinds and stands a few times and he either comes in after shooting hours where I'm setting or I'll see him at different stands from the ones I've been sitting in. I had him Sunday night come within 75 yards of me but I'm trying to get him with my bow.

tyokstate

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 8, 2005
Ardmore, OK
Rattled this guy in Friday evening. Arrowed him at 46 yards, bow made weird sound. He almost stepped completely out of the shot, by time the arrow arrived. Wasnt able to recover til next morning, and unfortunately the coyotes had left only one shoulder.
Baker1.jpg
IMG_1368.JPG

Nov 4, 2016
Oklahoma
Havent messed with the scoring yet, never shot one so trashy. So, no clue how to even score the weirdo
He does have stuff growing out from every which way doesn't he. I like those deer that have all those kickers and trash like that, gives them some character. I think they're just neat animals. Congrats on you buck!

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Crazy opening day. Pulled the trigger on a nice 10 and heard a pleasant click instead of a boom.

On the plus side found the big 8 I shot last year and couldn't find. No antler damage amazingly thinking he gets hung on the wall.

IMG_20171118_133802306.jpg