2 week notice advice

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 30, 2012
So kicker just called. They offered me a job working at the front desk full time kicker employee. I was just a temp employee last time. I'm so excited
I had to go thru the interview process. Just waiting on salary proposal and new job description then the job is mine. They aren't interviewing anyone else. My direct supervisor said it's mine but can't officially say it until the proposal and jib description is done :-p

Aug 12, 2005
Concord, NC
www.prayforaidan.com
Well the job that I quit just called and offered me the day time position that I wanted for years but I couldn't get until now magically. I guess they realized what a hard worker I was and that I was kick ass. Guess you don't know what you've got until it's gone.
I'd ask for double the pay if a company I had worked for previously did that, especially if it was as bad as you said yours was.

May 30, 2012
Last Monday I applied for a sales position at my job Kicker. I was informed Friday that I got the promotion. Have been at Kicker for 7 months today. I'm so happy here!

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
I feel like I was posting in this thread not too long ago, which is true. :)

Tomorrow I get to give my notice to my current job. I really liked this job, but my new opportunity is the direction that I have been working toward for a long time. That said, I am really anxious about giving my notice. I am not sure the reaction. I figure they WONT walk me out, as we are already short staffed and struggling to meet development demands. I think they really need a transition plan in place prior to showing me the door. I really like the people I currently work with, and I feel as though I am screwing them a little.

The next month is going to be cray cray though. New job/career, new town/metro, new house, etc.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
I've never been in the situation, but don't let yourself feel guilty about improving your life. Every one of those coworkers would do the same. Good luck.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
i hate the 2 week holding pattern. I'm pretty big on OP anyways, now I feel like I am having conversations with myself in every thread.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
i hate the 2 week holding pattern. I'm pretty big on OP anyways, now I feel like I am having conversations with myself in every thread.
Yeah, when I put in my 3-week notice at my last job, I basically spent my day either here, on other forums or looking for cars... lol. I also regretted putting in a 3 week instead of putting in a 2 week and having a week off before my next job started...

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
Yeah, when I put in my 3-week notice at my last job, I basically spent my day either here, on other forums or looking for cars... lol. I also regretted putting in a 3 week instead of putting in a 2 week and having a week off before my next job started...
Still hanging out. ;)

I have no break. Next week is going to be hard. I have to move down and (possibly) live out of a hotel for a week by myself, while starting a new job. Then that weekend, I get to move into the new house. Then the next week, transition to the workplace's new office in downtown Houston.

This is the calm before the storm.