2 oil tankers attacked off the coast of Iran. US sending Navy to assist

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I'm so sick of the war hawks but you can't let Iranians do what they are doing without reprecussions. If anyone wants to avoid war its trump so I'm game with whatever he wants to do from here. Probably limited in scope strikes and hopefully it doesn't go further than that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Well, now that the who dun it on the oil tankers has been upstaged and rendered moot, the only fun topic to discuss is our response. Any guesses?? I'm wondering why we wouldn't do a few airstrikes against their nuclear facilities. We know where they are, and that is presumably the crux of the current escalation. It could be considered measured, assuming we do it in the middle of the night with minimal collateral damage. It is a relevant target as Iran has announced they're increasing uranium enrichment. I wonder if there are still European monitors that could be in harm's way?? Any of you more military inclined folks know if there are technical/risk issues involved in such a strike??
When was the last time any Islamic regime DIDNT have civilians in and around key targets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
well that is odd.
Yeah, I'm really curious as to the decision making process. What this a a) "wait, we have new info", b) "Iran knows I mean business now" or c) "it'd be a yuuge mistake to start a war"?? lol I feel like part of this was just to make a point to Iran that he'll call out the dogs if they don't cut their sh*t out...

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Yeah, I'm really curious as to the decision making process. What this a a) "wait, we have new info", b) "Iran knows I mean business now" or c) "it'd be a yuuge mistake to start a war"?? lol I feel like part of this was just to make a point to Iran that he'll call out the dogs if they don't cut their sh*t out...
Wait, they filled the target with civilians

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
The spin in 24 hours was crazy...We went from:

"Trump is a warmonger!" "He needs to back off!" "He is doing this just to get elected!"
to:
"Trump backed down? What a flip flopper!" "He needed to be strong!" "Can't believe he would scramble a response just to back down!" "How did he not already know 150 people would die before he ordered the strikes?!"

Good Lord, can't we just be thankful for at least 5 minutes that we aren't in another war?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Something to think about......we had a more legitimate reason to attack Iraq in 2003 than we do right now to attack Iran. Not suggesting we don't have cause to retaliate now, just adding some perspective.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Why don't we just demand they pay for the drone that they shot down and if they don't we will take out a similar military target in the gulf? I'm actually thankful that the Commander in Tweet called this one off considering the civilians.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Why don't we just demand they pay for the drone that they shot down and if they don't we will take out a similar military target in the gulf? I'm actually thankful that the Commander in Tweet called this one off considering the civilians.
$180 million...cash. Unmarked, on pallets.

Nov 6, 2010
Something to think about......we had a more legitimate reason to attack Iraq in 2003 than we do right now to attack Iran. Not suggesting we don't have cause to retaliate now, just adding some perspective.
THat's debatable, but even if true, there is a huge difference between a full scale invasion and occupation, and a targeted air strike.