15 Year Member

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Also, when I registered, my dog that has always been my profile pic was around 3 years old. We put him down this May after he lived a long life of 17 1/2 years. He used to get scared and hide at the end of the hall when I was yelling at the TV during an OSU football or bball game. Miss that guy so much.
Wasn’t allowed pets as a child. All I ever wanted. So much that I kept roly polys as pets until I got into terrariums. Got first dog when my kid was 6. Losing her 10 years later literally almost killed me. The dog not the kid, pretty sure that would kill me. Loss 40bs and the whole works that comes with it. This is why kids should have pets. Anyway. Three dogs and five cats later I truly believe in this poem.

“It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enought, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.”

Still hits me where it counts. Sorry for the loss.

Aug 16, 2012
Wasn’t allowed pets as a child. All I ever wanted. So much that I kept roly polys as pets until I got into terrariums. Got first dog when my kid was 6. Losing her 10 years later literally almost killed me. The dog not the kid, pretty sure that would kill me. Loss 40bs and the whole works that comes with it. This is why kids should have pets. Anyway. Three dogs and five cats later I truly believe in this poem.

“It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enought, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.”

Still hits me where it counts. Sorry for the loss.
Where did you get the poem? Who wrote it?

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
My memory is getting fuzzy. Did OP 9000 create this board back in 2003, or was he just one of the first moderators?
He started the board...fun times back then when there were only a few of us and we were trying to find ways to entertain ourselves, I was member #7.
You got me beat by 11 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 11, 2004
Newkirk, Ok
Had to check and saw I passed 15 years myself last month. All that really means is I managed to survive this world for 15 years. I'll be more impressed with myself if I manage to survive the next 15 years.

Sep 8, 2007
I bet a lot of us migrated here from the Rivals board. That used to be the jam.
Then I think they went subscriber only and killed the community.
I know some still hang there. GoPokes keeps slugging on. There were a few spin offs that came and went.

I’d certainly guess OP has seen brighter days with usership. Facebook and Reddit kind of took down the classic forums a bit.

Been a fun ride here on OP. Props to the mods and admins for keeping it up.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
Was it called OrangePower when on Tulsa Sports Web?
I don’t remember. I just remember it was part of the TSW, with boards for all the local teams.

GoPokes was its own independent site then it started partnering up with bigger networks. Ryno had his board and rivals was a much bigger deal. But I think it was truly the first one on the scene, some 20 odd years ago.