15 portals for WVU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
dont be fooled by his 84 rating. he isnt even rated by any other service other than 247, and that was before he camped at WVU. He was easily the most impressive guy they've had and went from no one knowing his name(or that he was coming) to an offer on the spot. He did camp in amsterdam and was named one of the 5 top prospects in Europe. It looks like WVU will have recruits from Britain, France, and Australia. At least WVU doesnt have to recruit against OU and Texas there.
He'll enjoy the basement of the Big12, can't be any worse than Europe.

WVU has had a lot of success with highly rated recruits that had injury issues elsewhere.
kenny bigelow was a 5 star USC kid with same track record. he started and was a very good dline,en for wvu last season and had no injuries.
I beg to differ...he was "injured" several times in the game with OSU. He couldn't even make it off the field under his own power.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sep 9, 2013
no, he was gassed bc our offense got like no 1st downs in the second half and he weighed like 350 pounds. bobby bowden was once asked if his players from the 1970's could compete with today's players and he said absolutely. he said todays kids are bigger but they grow up with air conditioning and dont spend all day outside playing sports.

he said if todays players had tp play the entire game without rotations like the 70's players did they'd be too gassed to do anything.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
no, he was gassed bc our offense got like no 1st downs in the second half and he weighed like 350 pounds. bobby bowden was once asked if his players from the 1970's could compete with today's players and he said absolutely. he said todays kids are bigger but they grow up with air conditioning and dont spend all day outside playing sports.

he said if todays players had tp play the entire game without rotations like the 70's players did they'd be too gassed to do anything.
Sounds like Gundy. He's got a lot of "kids these days" diatribes.

Sep 9, 2013
WVU gets its 9th commit, who picked wvu over VT.

Frazier showed up on the radar last summer, dominating in the trenches on both sides of the ball. The previous staff liked him as a defensive lineman because of his tenacity and ability to control the line of scrimmage. Those are the same reasons this new staff likes him on the offensive side of the ball. Frazier is an All-State wrestler than gets leverage on his opponents and uses a strong punch and hands to control his opponent. In his film, he easily turns defenders the way he wants to go, and is certainly capable of taking his man to the ground. He's got a mean streak to him and he plays through the whistle, both welcome components of offensive line play. He's also intelligent, which should give him all the attributes necessary to be an outstanding center for the Mountaineers.

Sep 9, 2013
WVU picks up 19th rated og.

BREAKING: Coveted Lineman Commits to WVU
ByCHRIS ANDERSON 71 minutes ago8
(Photo: 247Sports)

Hightstown (NJ) The Peddie School lineman Chris Mayo has committed to West Virginia, choosing the Mountaineers over offers from Tennessee, Auburn, Nebraska, and Pitt, among others. In the end, his decision came down to two schools - West Virginia and Kentucky - with Neal Brown and Co. winning out after his official visit last weekend.

"

8COMMENTS
The Mountaineers apparently made a strong second impression this weekend. Mayo received a three-star, 0.8858-rating in the 247Sports Composite as the nation's No. 19 offensive guard.

Oct 30, 2007
So, just to make sure I understand

Wvu now has the greatest cb to ever even consider playing football committed. I also see they have the greatest OL committed and Canton has already contacted him to give him a place in the HOF. So, O covered lineman will block 11 guys by himself with one hand tied behind his back. Cb has already been clocked at 150 mph.

Correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
They are tearing it up for 2020 guys.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Come on people, nolaeer is goofy but we will fall DRASTICALLY before this class is complete and will be 5-7 in big12 so wvu has very good chance of passing us.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
They are tearing it up for 2020 guys.

Come on people, nolaeer is goofy but we will fall DRASTICALLY before this class is complete and will be 5-7 in big12 so wvu has very good chance of passing us.

Wow, aren't you Mr. Sunshine.

Sep 9, 2013
A bit OT, but the pic of the guy sitting in the parking lot above made me lol.
I just had triple bypass surgery last week, and after 6 days confined to a hospital, am back home.

BTW, I played de in college and now go 6-2 225. I wasnt really fat, in fact did 60 push-ups like 3 days before my chest pains sent me to hospital.

I dont smoke(never have), havnt had a doughnut or soft drink in 30 years, but cant beat genetics. Family history is pretty rough when it comes to heart. Anyway, I'm still alive, and will be (knock on wood) for a few more seasons.

Back on topic: WVU just mined another recruit from Europe. If we cant beat Michigan(we did beat ohio state and mich for 1 recruit who hasnt flipped) here in US, we'll get similar talent out of Europe.

WVU team rankings wont be good for this class. Bc scholie shortage Brown had to take more than 25 in 2019, and 5 are being counted toward s 2020 class even though they are at WVU and will play this fall.

Id be happy with 6-6 this year. too much turnover and then lose 2 all big 12 players to academics:)

thanks to wickline, the WVU oline has the worst depth in the past 20 years. The 1st thing the new oline coach said he cant believe how few olinmen are on the roster. Olines take time to rebuild.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
A bit OT, but the pic of the guy sitting in the parking lot above made me lol.
I just had triple bypass surgery last week, and after 6 days confined to a hospital, am back home.

BTW, I played de in college and now go 6-2 225. I wasnt really fat, in fact did 60 push-ups like 3 days before my chest pains sent me to hospital.

I dont smoke(never have), havnt had a doughnut or soft drink in 30 years, but cant beat genetics. Family history is pretty rough when it comes to heart. Anyway, I'm still alive, and will be (knock on wood) for a few more seasons.

Back on topic: WVU just mined another recruit from Europe. If we cant beat Michigan(we did beat ohio state and mich for 1 recruit who hasnt flipped) here in US, we'll get similar talent out of Europe.

WVU team rankings wont be good for this class. Bc scholie shortage Brown had to take more than 25 in 2019, and 5 are being counted toward s 2020 class even though they are at WVU and will play this fall.

Id be happy with 6-6 this year. too much turnover and then lose 2 all big 12 players to academics:)

thanks to wickline, the WVU oline has the worst depth in the past 20 years. The 1st thing the new oline coach said he cant believe how few olinmen are on the roster. Olines take time to rebuild.
Glad to hear you made it through surgery and got home so quickly.