15 portals for WVU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
Jordan jefferson, class 2019.

During his Signing Day press conference Head Coach Neal Brown made a comment in passing that Jefferson's situation "got interesting here late, even as late as last night." The unranked prospect had picked up late offers from Kansas State and Louisville, both of whom were trying to get him to visit, but then Jefferson got a call late Wednesday night from a powerhouse program trying to get him to flip. Brown didn't mention who it was, but EerSports reached out to Jefferson to get a name.

"FSU tried to," Jefferson texted. "No (visit). They just wanted me to sign."

He does not mean Fairmont State, of course, but rather Florida State. The Seminoles are currently ranked No. 16 in the 247Sports Team Rankings, which is one of their worst years in recent memory (they typically sit among the top five or top ten). That should give more validation to the pickup for WVU, as Jefferson currently sits unranked in the 247Sports Composite, but is highly thought of not only by Brown, but obviously by a lot of top college football programs.

"I think people went back and watched his senior tape and went, 'wow,'" said Brown. "Here's a kid that was one of the best if not the best defensive lineman available."
BWAHAHAHA, they were looking for last minute class filler for missing on guys. That's not a targeted recruit. That kid would have never played a down at FSU.

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
WVU is actually 4th in terms of quality of recruits, behind Texas, OU, and slightly behind TCU. WVU beat TCU for the 2019 qb it wanted. WVU's low ranking is
bc WVU only has 6 commits.
WVU has been a nobody in the Big 12, you're trending further down, enjoy the basement of the Big12. Your BigLeast Championship aspirations died when you joined a conference with real teams. Miami and VaTech let you have fun for a few years in the BigLeast after they left.

Sep 9, 2013
TCU, I think you guys would be the 1st to admit given how they've beaten you, has made the jump from farther down than WVU. The Big East was at least a BCS conference.

The difference is TCU has a very good coach, while WVU had an average at best coach. Neil Brown, most pundits say, is a clear upgrade over DH. He recruits better, and he is a better gameday coach.

WVU will put an improved product on the field starting in 2020. Recruiting doesnt happen overnight, and Wickline left WVU's oline in shambles. Shambles. It takes some time to fix an oline devoid of depth. But
the future is bright, and you doubters can have your fun this season.

I dont think having neil brown will vault WVU past Oklahoma State, but I do think WVU will be able to field an equally talented team and will not be outclassed by Gundy every year like DH was.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
TCU, I think you guys would be the 1st to admit given how they've beaten you, has made the jump from farther down than WVU. The Big East was at least a BCS conference.

The difference is TCU has a very good coach, while WVU had an average at best coach. Neil Brown, most pundits say, is a clear upgrade over DH. He recruits better, and he is a better gameday coach.

WVU will put an improved product on the field starting in 2020. Recruiting doesnt happen overnight, and Wickline left WVU's oline in shambles. Shambles. It takes some time to fix an oline devoid of depth. But
the future is bright, and you doubters can have your fun this season.

I dont think having neil brown will vault WVU past Oklahoma State, but I do think WVU will be able to field an equally talented team and will not be outclassed by Gundy every year like DH was.
I highly doubt that DH really had much to do with Grier's performance against OSU in 2017. Dude was straight up garbage that day.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Recruiting doesnt happen overnight, and Wickline left WVU's oline in shambles. Shambles. It takes some time to fix an oline devoid of depth..
I don't think you'll get much argument from anyone on here about this point.

Feb 18, 2009
Wickline left WVU's oline in shambles. Shambles. It takes some time to fix an oline devoid of depth.
If history repeats itself, you can count on about 4 years minimum to make up for what Wickline does to a program when he leaves. That guy should never coach again.

Sep 9, 2013
The rich get richer:
West Virginia has picked up another commitment today, this one from all the way across the pond. 2020 cornerback Jairo Faverus pledged to the Mountaineers, doing so after a strong camp performance just last Friday. Faverus chose WVU over offers from Penn State, Minnesota, and Georgia Tech, among others.

"First of all, it felt like home," Faverus told EerSports. "After seeing the place and meeting the coaches and players, I realized it was a great fit and what I want."

So, once he was done with his camp visit, the 247Sports three-star recruit decided it was time to learn more about the school. That was when he knew he had made his choice.

"I went away and did some more research about the University and the program and came to the decision yesterday (Monday)," Faverus told EerSports.

40COMMENTS
Faverus came to Morgantown with PPI Recruits, a group led by Brandon Collier that trains European athletes to play college (and eventually, professional) football. He put on such a strong showing that he received an offer from the coaching staff on the spot.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
The rich get richer:
West Virginia has picked up another commitment today, this one from all the way across the pond. 2020 cornerback Jairo Faverus pledged to the Mountaineers, doing so after a strong camp performance just last Friday. Faverus chose WVU over offers from Penn State, Minnesota, and Georgia Tech, among others.

"First of all, it felt like home," Faverus told EerSports. "After seeing the place and meeting the coaches and players, I realized it was a great fit and what I want."

So, once he was done with his camp visit, the 247Sports three-star recruit decided it was time to learn more about the school. That was when he knew he had made his choice.

"I went away and did some more research about the University and the program and came to the decision yesterday (Monday)," Faverus told EerSports.

40COMMENTS
Faverus came to Morgantown with PPI Recruits, a group led by Brandon Collier that trains European athletes to play college (and eventually, professional) football. He put on such a strong showing that he received an offer from the coaching staff on the spot.
He have someone to translate from Queen's English to hillbilly for him?

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2013
dont be fooled by his 84 rating. he isnt even rated by any other service other than 247, and that was before he camped at WVU. He was easily the most impressive guy they've had and went from no one knowing his name(or that he was coming) to an offer on the spot. He did camp in amsterdam and was named one of the 5 top prospects in Europe. It looks like WVU will have recruits from Britain, France, and Australia. At least WVU doesnt have to recruit against OU and Texas there.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
dont be fooled by his 84 rating. he isnt even rated by any other service other than 247, and that was before he camped at WVU. He was easily the most impressive guy they've had and went from no one knowing his name(or that he was coming) to an offer on the spot. He did camp in amsterdam and was named one of the 5 top prospects in Europe. It looks like WVU will have recruits from Britain, France, and Australia. At least WVU doesnt have to recruit against OU and Texas there.
Dang, are we talking football or golf/tennis?