13 OSU baseball to host 12 Baylor in Final Ride regular season for Allie P.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
Things to remember:
This is a Thursday - Saturday series to set up our pitching for the Big12 Tourney which runs Wed-Sun. Which means our starting pitchers are all short 1 days rest from their normal routine. Baylor, on the other hand, took last weekend off for finals and probably set up their bullpen schedules to be fresh for us.

We're currently sitting at 11 in the RPI, and realistically we need a sweep to make a top 8 RPI (for a shot at a national seed). Baylor is 28 in RPI and has a midweek game at home, they need to sweep to make a top16 RPI and be better in line to host.

Both teams need to win to have a shot at the Big12 title, with Tech/TCU scores lurking in the background.

This is the last scheduled ride for Allie P in the regular season. So the Athletic Department is preparing to do a decent sendoff. Thursday season ticket holder can pick up the replica Allie P and first 500 in attendance get 2010s trading cards. Friday there's a Tshirt. Saturday it's the All-time Allie P players trading cards. I expect there will be other things like special appearances for first pitches etc. But that is what is currently announced. Lots of former players have plans to attend and so should you.

Buy tickets now. Pack Allie P http://tickets.okstate.com/baseball.html

Baylor brings a pretty potent lineup to Stillwater, they're batting .317 as a team with a .401 OBP. by contrast, we are hitting .273 with a .377 OBP. We have 4 guys hitting .300 in Big12 play (Garcia, Boone, Navi, and McCusker) and they have 7, with Wendzel hitting .404 in Big12 play. They don't hit the long ball as well as we do, (Haring has 9 and Wendzel has 8) but we have 479 strikeouts, they only have 278 on the season. Davis Wendzel (3rd) has been their best player but has been sidelined. It's unclear if he will be good to go in our series or not, but I assume he will after the week off.

As far as their starting pitching. LHP Dickens has been a solid ace for them (after losing the Big12 pitcher of the year Bradford to thoratic outlet syndrome). Dickens has a 3.25 ERA, 4-1 record, 63.2 IP, 81 Ks, 25 BB, (That's an 11.53 K/9 and you know how we like to strike out). RHP Winston should throw Friday, 3.72 ERA, 5-1 58 IP, 34Ks, 20BB. Saturday I expect Ashkinos to start on their Johnny Wholestaff day 4.62 ERA, 2-3 record, 37 IP, 31 K. Their Sr. closer Kyle Hill, 21 appearances, 27 IP, just 10 hits allowed, 34 Ks.

#MeetMeAtAllieP

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
Flying in from Minnesota for this one. One last time at Allie P :( Such a special place. Too young to remember some of the dominance but my first memory was Jake Benz hitting a walk off slam and that is all I really remember about it. According to Clowndad I was in attendance for the Bedlam Brawl. It might have even been my first game since I was less than 1.

Good Times.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Flying in from Minnesota for this one. One last time at Allie P :( Such a special place. Too young to remember some of the dominance but my first memory was Jake Benz hitting a walk off slam and that is all I really remember about it. According to Clowndad I was in attendance for the Bedlam Brawl. It might have even been my first game since I was less than 1.

Good Times.
Coming in from DC.

Jun 5, 2016
Dallas

Good Times.
Hopefully it won't be the last games there. A regional host one last time would be nice

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok

Good Times.
Jake Benz actually hit TWO walk offs on the same day. I was a teenager. One was against TCU, the other against Cal St Fullerton, who eliminated us the next day. Still, one of the craziest days I remember in OSU sports.