100 Things You Must Do at OSU Before You Graduate!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagmar

Greenhorn
Nov 18, 2007
Attend football games in September afternoons when temp is 110 degrees. See: Texas Tech game at BPS 2007.

Seriously, I think I lost 5-10 lbs that day, standing and yelling my lungs out, sweating like I just got out of the sauna. :x
Pretty sure I almost passed out...Woot for unforgiving band uniforms!

Hmm...I should add something...Go out and lay on library lawn during dead week, and just exist. Look for stars.

Dagmar

Greenhorn
Nov 18, 2007
The TTech game in 2005 was worse. It was just as hot....and they ran out of water...and damn near everything else to drink. And it was just as close. 51-49 in a a game that lasted about 4 hours....and it wasn't televised.
Ah yes...That marathon. I forgot to wear sunscreen for that one...yes, I was a lobster for few days.

Nothing like blistering games, or band practice in 107 degree weather. You know something's wrong when you want to do the run-on repeatedly...

Jan 31, 2008
Oklahoma City
Pass Dynamics, Pass Electromagnetic Fields, Pass Differential Equations, go to a Cowboy Basketball Game and sit in the student section and kick #1 Kansas ASS, go to a Cowboy Football game or ten, Thank Dr. Lowery for all the good he did for me and the University.

Ride'm Cowboys, Ride'm!

scottishorangemen

Boo boo bus driver
A/V Subscriber
Nov 10, 2007
My Recliner
1. Dumpster dive for cardboard and make suits of armor and swords, then run around lights on Stillwater with your buds and beat the heck out of each other. :D

2. Longboard down the halls of Drummond after visiting hours are over...

3. Zipline out of 4th floor Bennett and talk your way out of getting written up :p

still adding to my list... got 2 more years...

Oct 13, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
A personal favorite... get together as many bagels, donuts, biscuits, and rolls (anything fairly soft, really), load everybody up in the back of the truck and do drive-bys of the Greek houses during all-night pomping the night before homecoming. Classic.

Oct 26, 2008
Stock your cupboard with Joe's cups, and only Joe's cups.

Try and find the Spider Dome. But don't go in alone:eek:

Get at least one semester with only Tue Thu classes

InHocPoke

Clone Bone!
Nov 10, 2008
Oklahoma City
A personal favorite... get together as many bagels, donuts, biscuits, and rolls (anything fairly soft, really), load everybody up in the back of the truck and do drive-bys of the Greek houses during all-night pomping the night before homecoming. Classic.

A lot of work goes into that. That's pretty childish.

I know some of this have already been listed, but when its good its good!

Go to Joes every Wed. before a night entomology class-sometimes you make it sometimes you don't!

Go to Murphys at 2:00 in the afternoon for pool, good friends, and cold beer!

Shoot pop bottle rockets down the elevator shafts in the dorms (I dated the guy that lived on the floor with the most police visits in a year for OSU history)

Dress up and have nurf gun fights in the dark with only your closest friends!

That made me a bit Nostalgic!!! Good Times

Nov 30, 2008
Stillwater/Tulsa
I really really strongly agree with the posts about Preacher Bob and pancakes at the Union. Those are necessities. The walk around during homecoming week is also a must. I really enjoy that night. If College Game Day ever comes to campus again that's another must attend event. It was really fun this year. Sporting events are all a necessity as are Joe's and Shortcake's. But here's a great one if you're into that type of thing: Go to a music event (non-Orange Peel, even though that is a staple) on campus. Go study during a marching band practice...go to a wind ensemble or jazz concert. They're always very good. And not just because I'm a part of them :cool: they are just genuinely entertaining. Same goes with theater department productions. Great stuff. And I know this list is long but just one more thing...see the Second City comedy troupe if SUAB keeps bringing them back...they are hysterical!!!!

Jul 6, 2004
Mustang, Ok
as ansipoke can attest to, i was at the library every night, not partying or at the KD house or field of dreams, or hanging on ramsey st or swimming in the library fountain or seeing how much a human could drink in 18 hours, or trying to drink all night b4 the gooner football game, or skipping work for intramurals, or playing hackie on the top floor of the apartment at 3 AM, or waiting until my JR year to see the 1st conference victory in football or having a summer girl friend and a school year girl friend and them finding out at the same time or getting into a bar fight at the Dog over the saddle or moving back one summer to the parents house in old bud light cases or doing 2 story beer bongs or knocking at the door of the Weed to ensure that penny beer was still on or staying skinny eating pizza shuttle every night or playing Andew M f'ing Bird in flag football or going to a party in which a certain member of the men's BBall team was on the roof with a gun or drinking with the football team after the 12-0 victory or placing stink bombs in strategic locations or knowing anything about belly button rings or partying at the "Alamo" or seeingt the 1st ever OT football game in history or there is not enough space to finish the things I never got to.....just studying.

Nov 17, 2008
Enid, America
A lot of work goes into that. That's pretty childish.
If by childish you mean hilarious then I agree with you.

I was at the 2007 Tech game painted up in orange with a black O. Needless to say I forgot sunscreen and my entire upper body was bright red....except for an O right across my body...which stayed burned in for weeks.

Here's one, have a bunch of football players come to your party at the Reserve and then hide them in your apartment with the lights off when the cops come.

Or have Richetti Jones at your party (not drinking) and have him tell my friend (an OU fan) that he's gonna hurt Demarco Murray, not because he's trying to hurt him but because "Shed Jones don't mean to hurt, but when Shed Jones hits, its gonna hurt."

-swim across Boomer Lake drunk (I haven't yet, but my friend's done it).
-throw breakable objects out of the 11th floor of Kerr and yell "floor 7 rules" to fool everyone.
-play campus golf with tennis balls
-I can't believe no one has said this one yet but...eat at El Taps once a week your freshman year

InHocPoke

Clone Bone!
Nov 10, 2008
Oklahoma City
If by childish you mean hilarious then I agree with you.

I was at the 2007 Tech game painted up in orange with a black O. Needless to say I forgot sunscreen and my entire upper body was bright red....except for an O right across my body...which stayed burned in for weeks.

Here's one, have a bunch of football players come to your party at the Reserve and then hide them in your apartment with the lights off when the cops come.

Or have Richetti Jones at your party (not drinking) and have him tell my friend (an OU fan) that he's gonna hurt Demarco Murray, not because he's trying to hurt him but because "Shed Jones don't mean to hurt, but when Shed Jones hits, its gonna hurt."

-swim across Boomer Lake drunk (I haven't yet, but my friend's done it).
-throw breakable objects out of the 11th floor of Kerr and yell "floor 7 rules" to fool everyone.
-play campus golf with tennis balls
-I can't believe no one has said this one yet but...eat at El Taps once a week your freshman year
haha when i say childish, i mean i'd be pretty damn pissed off...

speaking of hitting golf balls, my friends and i had quite a lot of fun doing what we called "teeing off" which involved teeing up a ball in the front yard of the sigma chi house (university and monroe) and hitting golf balls towards library lawn. Most all of this was done while intoxicated.

We would find the balls on library lawn the next day, and it was pretty funny. I dont know how the police never stopped or caught us in the act

Jul 13, 2007
1. Granny's Kitchen. The Richard special.
2. Playing football at Lewis stadium and going back to your apartment with more footballs.
3. Swimming at some pond during the summer. Can't remember much about it except it had a rope swing and a metal raft in the middle.
4. Drive in Movies
5. Bagel night
6. Listening to a group of football fans talk about Barry Switzer being a alki and ripping him about it and then laughing when they all decide to go to Joe's to drink beer.
7. Knowing your roommate took his dog running on the football field early before a game and then watching the Iowa State player step in something. We showed up early to watch the pre-game.
8. Baseball games. Watching Inky crushed the ball...the watching Wade do the same thing.
9. Eating at the Steak Joint west of town and then a few days later seeing it burn down.
10. Finishing a killer test and then later that evening get invited to go sledding down a hill behind his house. His daughter invited us.
11. Meeting a certain co-ed on the first day of classes. And then almost 30 years later meeting her again. She hasn't changed.
12. Watching Mitch pin Dr. Death.
13. Thinking you found the most obscure place to study at the library and then finding out others knew about it before you. Made some lifelong friends at this locale.
14. Football watch parties at your run-down house. Then noticing you have several Pi Phi's and KD's at the party. And they kept coming back during basketball season.
15. Dunk Basketball in the front yard. And wiffle ball in the late spring.
16. Reading the O'colly for things to do on a cheap date...Thinking it was going to be a drag but really enjoying the event...ie: concerts, plays, speakers.
17. Going to Mears, OK for a burger. And then doing it again later in life.
18. Going to T-town to rescue a dog that was being abused. It was not stealing..we rescued it. This is the same dog in #7.

Status
Not open for further replies.