100 Things You Must Do at OSU Before You Graduate!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke4Real

Territorial Marshal
Sep 12, 2006
Third Coast
I read this board from time to time, but am not much of one to post. I have to say this has to be the best thread I have read on any OSU message board. I know it really isnt about OSU sports, but it has really brought back a lot of memories and provided some real entertainment.

I need to add a few..

- Be at a party one Friday night. At about midinight you and a buddy start talking about driving to Dallas. A couple of girls at the pary over hear you and decide it sounds like a good idea also. All four of you jump in a car, drive all night to Dallas, crash at a cheap motel and get up the next day and decide to drive on down to Waco and catch the men's basketball team take on Baylor.

- You and a buddy walk home from a party on a cold winters night and decide to see how thick the ice is on Theta Pond. Then proceed to fish your buddy from the pond after he attempts to walk on the ice.

- Spend all sorts of time and money building a house deck only to tear it down the Sunday after walk around. It is especially fun when it rains on homecoming and the pomps start to look like a soggy bowl of Fruity Pebbles.

- Penny beer at Sluggers (Now Courts) then finish the night at Murphy's.

- Attend at least one road football game a year. Some of the best roadtrips while I was in college were to Hattisburgh MS (Mississippi State), Lincoln, Austin, and College Station (The Red/White/Blue game after 9/11).

- Baseball games are a blast. Go sober though. You can tend to make an ass of yourself otherwise. Like yelling at coach Holliday from the third base bleachers while he's coaching third. All the time asking him for a baseball. He finally gives in to make you shut up.

- Speaking of baseball, go to the Big 12 tournament in OKC. I never missed a tournament from the 4th grade (when it was at all sports stadium and the Big 8 tournament) to graduating from OSU except for the time it was in Dallas. I know school is out, but find some friends and get together over the summer for a great baseball weekend.

Again, great thread, its been fun reading it.

Welcome aboard!

This thread really is amazing.

CowpokeMike

Federal Marshal
Mar 26, 2008
Oklahoma City
I read this board from time to time, but am not much of one to post. I have to say this has to be the best thread I have read on any OSU message board. I know it really isnt about OSU sports, but it has really brought back a lot of memories and provided some real entertainment.

I need to add a few..

- Be at a party one Friday night. At about midinight you and a buddy start talking about driving to Dallas. A couple of girls at the pary over hear you and decide it sounds like a good idea also. All four of you jump in a car, drive all night to Dallas, crash at a cheap motel and get up the next day and decide to drive on down to Waco and catch the men's basketball team take on Baylor.

- You and a buddy walk home from a party on a cold winters night and decide to see how thick the ice is on Theta Pond. Then proceed to fish your buddy from the pond after he attempts to walk on the ice.

- Spend all sorts of time and money building a house deck only to tear it down the Sunday after walk around. It is especially fun when it rains on homecoming and the pomps start to look like a soggy bowl of Fruity Pebbles.

- Penny beer at Sluggers (Now Courts) then finish the night at Murphy's.

- Attend at least one road football game a year. Some of the best roadtrips while I was in college were to Hattisburgh MS (Mississippi State), Lincoln, Austin, and College Station (The Red/White/Blue game after 9/11).

- Baseball games are a blast. Go sober though. You can tend to make an ass of yourself otherwise. Like yelling at coach Holliday from the third base bleachers while he's coaching third. All the time asking him for a baseball. He finally gives in to make you shut up.

- Speaking of baseball, go to the Big 12 tournament in OKC. I never missed a tournament from the 4th grade (when it was at all sports stadium and the Big 8 tournament) to graduating from OSU except for the time it was in Dallas. I know school is out, but find some friends and get together over the summer for a great baseball weekend.

Again, great thread, its been fun reading it.
i don't mean to be an ass but im wierd when it comes to this, Hattiesburg is Southern Mississippi and Starkville is Mississippi State...again im sorry

it was a good thread though!!

mang1192

Greenhorn
Oct 30, 2006
i don't mean to be an ass but im wierd when it comes to this, Hattiesburg is Southern Mississippi and Starkville is Mississippi State...again im sorry

it was a good thread though!!

Sorry, I get those two confused all the time. Regardless, it was a good trip. I have never seen so many cowbells in my life at a football game. Starkville was a pretty cool college town as well. The only bad thing about the trip was the loss.

CowpokeMike

Federal Marshal
Mar 26, 2008
Oklahoma City
Sorry, I get those two confused all the time. Regardless, it was a good trip. I have never seen so many cowbells in my life at a football game. Starkville was a pretty cool college town as well. The only bad thing about the trip was the loss.
thats awesome that you went though, yeah i remember that game it was like 29-11 or something. ugh! thanks for not tearing me a new one! lol GO POKES!!

Oct 26, 2004
Parts Unknown
Not to be a story topper...

But Mang, I had a really similar Dallas road trip experience...

9:00 p.m. - Saturday: Next door neighbor comes over and says, "Hey man, there are some theater girls partying in Dallas, let's go"

9:01 p.m.: Accept offer. Hit the road. Have a few road sodas on the way down and discuss how hot these chicks must be for us to do this.

1:15 a.m. - Sunday: Arrive at Arlington Holiday Inn.

1:16 a.m.: Get pissed at buddy because the girls aren't nearly as good looking as he had portrayed them as being. Wouldn't have driven across campus to meet them, much less 300 miles to Arlington, TX.

1:45 a.m.: Listen to girls tell the tale of them getting the members of O-Town to buy them beer. Anger with buddy increases.

2:45 a.m.: Decide to return to Stillwater. Thoroughly ticked because I'm sober and have realized that I drove 300 miles to hang out with girls who wouldn't be hot no matter how strong my beer goggles were.

4:00 a.m.: Stop at Waffle House. Ordered hash browns chopped, split, smothered, covered, etc.

4:10 a.m.: Server stops by to discuss how he recently just got released from prison and how prison isn't all that bad.

4:20 a.m.: Quickly finish food to avoid getting knifed by crazy-eyed-ex-con server. Get back on the road.

5:15 a.m.: Struggle to stay awake. Roll down windows on a 45 degree night, chug Mountain Dew and listen to a Blue Man Group CD at full volume. Quite possibly the most miserable car ride ever. Decide to make sure ahead of time that the chicks are worth it if we are ever to do this again.

7:00 a.m.: Slap driver repeatedly after nearly veering off the road for the 5th time. Make liberal use of the f-word in describing what I will to do him in the afterlife if I die in his car.

8:30 a.m.: Finally arrive back in StillH20 and proceed to pass out.

11:45 a.m.: Get up to go to WBB game for spirit band gig.

Noon: Ask neighbor if it was all a dream. Realize it wasn't. Smile and think...Ahh...College.

Poke4Real

Territorial Marshal
Sep 12, 2006
Third Coast
Not to be a story topper...

But Mang, I had a really similar Dallas road trip experience...

9:00 p.m. - Saturday: Next door neighbor comes over and says, "Hey man, there are some theater girls partying in Dallas, let's go"

9:01 p.m.: Accept offer. Hit the road. Have a few road sodas on the way down and discuss how hot these chicks must be for us to do this.

1:15 a.m. - Sunday: Arrive at Arlington Holiday Inn.

1:16 a.m.: Get pissed at buddy because the girls aren't nearly as good looking as he had portrayed them as being. Wouldn't have driven across campus to meet them, much less 300 miles to Arlington, TX.

1:45 a.m.: Listen to girls tell the tale of them getting the members of O-Town to buy them beer. Anger with buddy increases.

2:45 a.m.: Decide to return to Stillwater. Thoroughly ticked because I'm sober and have realized that I drove 300 miles to hang out with girls who wouldn't be hot no matter how strong my beer goggles were.

4:00 a.m.: Stop at Waffle House. Ordered hash browns chopped, split, smothered, covered, etc.

4:10 a.m.: Server stops by to discuss how he recently just got released from prison and how prison isn't all that bad.

4:20 a.m.: Quickly finish food to avoid getting knifed by crazy-eyed-ex-con server. Get back on the road.

5:15 a.m.: Struggle to stay awake. Roll down windows on a 45 degree night, chug Mountain Dew and listen to a Blue Man Group CD at full volume. Quite possibly the most miserable car ride ever. Decide to make sure ahead of time that the chicks are worth it if we are ever to do this again.

7:00 a.m.: Slap driver repeatedly after nearly veering off the road for the 5th time. Make liberal use of the f-word in describing what I will to do him in the afterlife if I die in his car.

8:30 a.m.: Finally arrive back in StillH20 and proceed to pass out.

11:45 a.m.: Get up to go to WBB game for spirit band gig.

Noon: Ask neighbor if it was all a dream. Realize it wasn't. Smile and think...Ahh...College.
Excellent.:D:D:D

Apr 5, 2007
Kansas City, MO

By far the best part of the story. I can see your face now. Mine would've look very similar.

Apr 2, 2008
Tell a bunch of theater hags in Dallas you're a member of O-Town. Buy them beer, because you've been in a rut and they seem like "slump-busters".
They take you back to their apartment where you meet all their hot roommates.
Send hags out for more beer, lock door, have unbelievable orgy with hot roommates.

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Bonus point for breaking through ice on your way into Theta Pond. Talk about shrinkage!

Summers in Stillwater are great. And when the sorority girls start to return to get ready for rush, go to Joe's every night. Go up to the girls and just start talking to them like you know them, you know, how was your summer, are you ready for classes, etc. Works like a charm.
My B-Day is in January, I hated going into Theta Pond at that time of year. I think I broke ice twice. It sucks.

kylieosu

Greenhorn
Apr 21, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Wow. I just spent my entire lunch hour at work reading through this! This thread makes me wish I had a time machine so I could go back and relive my college years. Really makes me miss good old Stilly....best time of my life.

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
A/V Subscriber
Sep 24, 2007
As the great REK once sang, "The road goes on forever and the party never ends."

King Poke

Medical Mystery
A/V Subscriber
Aug 18, 2007
Frisco, TX
Have a job that provides you with a key to Gallagher Iba and requires you to spend several hours a week with either the Cheerleading squad, Equestrian team or both. That my friends, was a good year.

Status
Not open for further replies.