#1 P4P Wrestling Recruit AJ Ferrari Chooses Oklahoma State!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
I could definitely see him being a 3 time national champion and if some things go his way possibly 4 time for his weight class. Especially if he keeps adding weight and moves to Heavyweight.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I could definitely see him being a 3 time national champion and if some things go his way possibly 4 time for his weight class. Especially if he keeps adding weight and moves to Heavyweight.
Ehh... I love AJ Ferrari and think he will be a superstar, for sure... but if he's going heavyweight he will need a redshirt year to continue to bulk up... and even then he will be a little light compared to some of the monsters at heavyweight right now.

He also needs to work on some technique, stay in his stance, and get his endurance up as well.

I think he, Dustin Plott, Trevor Mastrogiovanni, Travis Wittlake, and Daton Fix will win us 3 national titles and all four will be four time All-Americans and possibly multiple individual national champions... but as we saw with Fix last season, winning a national title is really freaking tough. Winning four is basically impossible.

Jun 23, 2009
New York
I love how every top recruit we get is automatically going to be a 3 or 4 time national champ and 4 time all American. Do you know how many 4 time all American wrestlers Oklahoma State has had? Do you know how many 3 time national champion wrestlers Oklahoma State has had?

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I love how every top recruit we get is automatically going to be a 3 or 4 time national champ and 4 time all American. Do you know how many 4 time all American wrestlers Oklahoma State has had? Do you know how many 3 time national champion wrestlers Oklahoma State has had?
15* 4x All-Americans.

- Alex Dieringer
- Coleman Scott
- David Arndt
- Eric Guerrero
- Jake Rosholt
- Johnny Thompson
- Johnny Hendricks
- Jordan Oliver
- Luke Skove
- Mark Branch
- Pat Smith
- Ricky Stewart
- Scott Reyna
- Steve Mocco* (2x AA at Iowa... 2x AA at Oklahoma State...)
- Tyrone Lewis

15 3x National Champs:

- Alex Dieringer
- Conrad Caldwell
- Earl McCready
- Eric Guerrero
- Jack Van Bebber
- Jake Rosholt (lost in the finals his sophomore year... it's really hard to be a 4x)
- Jimmy Jackson
- Joe McDaniel
- Myron Roderick
- Pat Smith (4x)
- Rex Peery
- Richard Hutton
- Ross Flood
- Stanley Henson
- Yojiro Uetake

Jun 23, 2009
New York
yes, anyone can use google and look it up. The point is that VERY few guys are 3/4 time national champs or 4 time all Americans. Yet every recruit we get is a lock to do just that lol

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
yes, anyone can use google and look it up. The point is that VERY few guys are 3/4 time national champs or 4 time all Americans. Yet every recruit we get is a lock to do just that lol
I... I just said to tap the breaks on the Ferrari expectations...

And Ferrari, Plott, Mastrogiovanni, Witlake, and Fix all do have the potential to be 4x AAs. They've all beaten guys that are currently NCAA AAs. Wittlake has beaten a national champion. So yeah... they all certainly have the potential to do that. Will they all do that? Probably not. But it's not unreasonable to be excited about all of them.

Jun 23, 2009
New York
anyone watch Flo's Who's #1 event last night? Some real good wrestling. Our recruit #2 Mastrogiovanni @ 152lbs looked good losing a close one. Very aggressive and good on his feet, he should fill in nicely at 157 which has been a black hole for us for a while. His brother also lost who isn't an OSU commit but I assume there is a very good chance we get him too. This kid Victor Voinovich a junior from Ohio who we are in on is #1 at 145 looked really impressive. Supposedly we are in his top 3 with Ohio State and Cornell would be nice to steal him from the Buckeyes

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
anyone watch Flo's Who's #1 event last night? Some real good wrestling. Our recruit #2 Mastrogiovanni @ 152lbs looked good losing a close one. Very aggressive and good on his feet, he should fill in nicely at 157 which has been a black hole for us for a while. His brother also lost who isn't an OSU commit but I assume there is a very good chance we get him too. This kid Victor Voinovich a junior from Ohio who we are in on is #1 at 145 looked really impressive. Supposedly we are in his top 3 with Ohio State and Cornell would be nice to steal him from the Buckeyes
Travis Mastro, Voinovich, and long shot but possible with Shayne Van Ness are all guys on the 2021 radar that would be excellent additions to our program. They're all middle weights that would fill out the lineup well.

I mean if you're looking at a potential 2024 lineup with...

Burks - #20
Trevor Mastro - #11
Van Ness - #3
Travis Mastro - #4
Voinovich - #11
Picklo - #14
Surber - #28
Plott - #2
Haas - #6
Ferrari - #1

Pretty salty.